Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

Interesting information on folks retuening to work

Help dispel some rumours about unions or companies in the this sector.
alec
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Interesting information on folks retuening to work

Postby alec » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:15 pm

I spoke with a friend fo mine who is close to the top at Telus and he says that an addituonal 1000 is crossing in Alberta (the doors close again on Tuesday November 8th). He also indicated that the manager calls to the BC members have highlighted around 3000 who are willing to cross.

I trust the information since I know where it came from but I don't expect everyone to take my word for it so I am posting it here. Later after it has been proven true I will ask Admin to move it.

the next couple fo weeks are going to be FUN!

TWwho?

Ash
Site Wannabe Administrator
Site Wannabe Administrator

Postby Ash » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:52 pm

Given the fact that the current Telus offer is better than the one that was just voted on, I'm not surprised. And if there is a next vote, it will be on an offer similar to the one just voted on.

So ultimately, all the picketers are still fighting for is minor language changes...whether they accept that fact or not. They just have to decide how much more debt they want to accumulate before they go back.

Ash

"Shop smart. Shop S-Mart."

alec
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby alec » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:54 pm

A decison on opening the door to BC has not been made yet. D has asked for a plan from security to protect the crossers before that decision is made.
Last edited by alec on Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

TWwho?

wirely
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

protect "he" crossers

Postby wirely » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:56 am

*edited by JohnDoe - wirely that was unnecessary. People make mistakes, typing, grammer, what have you. Get over it, there is no need to antagonize the person by pointing it out. Warning 1/3.*

alec
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby alec » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:48 am

Not to worry JD

He made up for it by sending me a nasty PM

Cheers! :D

*note from JohnDoe - please forward the offensive PM to me and I will see what I can do.*

TWwho?

Return to “Rumour Mill”