Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

Routing calls overseas?

Help dispel some rumours about unions or companies in the this sector.
FlimFlamvanHam
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Routing calls overseas?

Postby FlimFlamvanHam » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:27 pm

I heard TELUS was routing calls overseas, but not just to anyone, but to monkeys!! And paying them a couple bananas a day (the bigger monkeys get 3). Is this true? I realize monkeys could do a better job than several of the people I work(ed) with, but I still find this hard to believe. Anybody?

First post. Had to make it count. Just waiting to cross here in BC and it has nothing at all to do with the money...

mowerpower
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mowerpower » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:14 pm

and those monkies should get fewer bannanas for deliberately disrupting business! Glad we nippe dthis rumour in the bud

!(a.scab)
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby !(a.scab) » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:07 pm

So to sum up, we WERE routing calls to monkeys for 2 (or 3) bananas a day, but NOW the monkeys have been locked out? Where are the calls going now then? I heard we concentrated all the calls into a sattelite signal that's bouncing around in space as we speak, waiting for someone to answer them... is that true?

Domino
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Domino » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:56 pm

Judging on how long it took to have my call answered last time I called about a billing error it could be.

proudpicketer
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby proudpicketer » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:34 pm

Ahhh hate to burst you're bubble but Drew Mac admitted on radio that calls do go overseas.

mowerpower
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mowerpower » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:05 pm

Picketer,

All Drew admitted was that calls originating from a NON TELUS NUMBER are routed overseas... DIdn't we clear this dream of your up on another post?

!(a.scab)
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby !(a.scab) » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:59 pm

I listened to that broadcast again to be sure - yes, Drew says that if someone calls from a non-telus number (I imagine this means they're using a non-telus calling card from overseas, or maybe they're with a CLEC) then they'll be routed to the international call centre. I was actually surprised to hear this - I didn't know even that much was happening, but in reality, it makes perfect sense - as long as everytime a Canadian TELUS customer gets a Canadian TELUS operator, that's perfectly logical, and fine with me.

jorver
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby jorver » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:00 pm

nope. I happened to reconize katrinas voice. She is in the lower mainland and so this could not have been. Try again.

jorver
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby jorver » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:57 pm

anyhow..this is no longer a rumour.Dont know who will be taking the calls but they will be overseas.

alec
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby alec » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:58 pm

some of them anyway....

goatdancer
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby goatdancer » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:13 am

That's kinda like being only partly pregnant.

Return to “Rumour Mill”