Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

Meals Cancelled.

Help dispel some rumours about unions or companies in the this sector.
Domino
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Domino » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:53 am

the telus payroll shows that a little more than 3200 have crossed in AB, of course that's last weeks numbers ... maybe Bruce knows of a couple hundred more that we haven't accounted for???
Really? Then why doesn't telus publish the audit as they've been promising for a month? How many of those 3200 are AB BU employees? How many are managers, new hires since July 21, or people brought in from the east?

!(a.scab)
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby !(a.scab) » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:04 am

Really? Then why doesn't telus publish the audit as they've been promising for a month? How many of those 3200 are AB BU employees? How many are managers, new hires since July 21, or people brought in from the east?
This has been covered in detail, in a previous thread. 100% of those 3200 employees (by TELUS' count, or 3400 by the TWU's count) are Alberta BU employees. TELUS didn't do a media blitz with these numbers because they were hoping they had over 60%, which they didn't, and still don't. The reason why 60% is relevant is also covered in another thread.

Domino
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Domino » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:12 am

This has been covered in detail, in a previous thread. 100% of those 3200 employees (by TELUS' count, or 3400 by the TWU's count) are Alberta BU employees. TELUS didn't do a media blitz with these numbers because they were hoping they had over 60%, which they didn't, and still don't. The reason why 60% is relevant is also covered in another thread.
I'm still waiting for proof of that 3200 AB BU employees supposedly crossing. Unfortunately it has never been given.

!(a.scab)
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby !(a.scab) » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:28 pm

There are also a number of employees that are secretly working 5 days a week, and still picketing 16 hours a week too... perhaps they got counted twice...

jorver
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby jorver » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:58 pm

scab are you saying they are working at telus an collecting picketing pay.
If so the union should let you guys inside be bounty hunters..

Domino
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Domino » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:59 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll believe that when I see it. Just like the company you say many things without evidence to back them up.

!(a.scab)
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby !(a.scab) » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:38 pm

I know it has happened, but in both cases it didn't last long - In one case the guy finished his week of picketing (two shifts) while in the other case, the gal actually picketed for two weeks before realizing she was really pushing it, and if anyone found out she'd be toast. My point was that since it has happened at least once, there's really no telling how much it is/isn't happening - it might be enough to skew the numbers, and it might not...

Miles
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Miles » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:55 pm

Scab

Anyone who works in the sales departments got paid for their sales bonus.

That alone is enough to greatly skew the numbers that Telus refuses to present for verification

pepper
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby pepper » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:34 pm

yes I got paif on Sept the 15th from TELUS ... and we all know what side of the line i am on ... i am not complaining TELUS! KEEP THE MONIES COMING!!!!

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Admin1 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:35 pm

You got the what? paif

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Admin1 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:37 pm

NVM I got it typo, suppose to be Paid.

pepper
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby pepper » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:46 pm

eep! yes, should be paid LOL

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:14 am

You'll want to watch what you say here Pepper, I spoke with a guy that is a Telus employee and works at another job during the strike. He has been doing his picket line time, as directed, but was told that he does not get picket pay because he held down another job at the same time.

He is some pissed, and like so many others his opinion of the union has swing as a result of this asinine maneuver by the TWU.

pepper
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby pepper » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:55 am

LOL what does that have to do with me? My point was they did a payroll audit and I am still being paid by telus, yet I am no where near being a scab.

Return to “Rumour Mill”