Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

Wonder Woman Fired?

Help dispel some rumours about unions or companies in the this sector.
BellaCoola
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Wonder Woman Fired?

Postby BellaCoola » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:53 am

I just heard from someone who works in TPS that wonderwoman (from VFC) has been fired. Anybody else here that? I've heard of a few vocal picketers being fired now.If you work/picket in edmonton she is the loud one on the mega phone.

Domino
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Domino » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:02 pm

I'd heard of her recieving a letter to meet with corporate security but haven't heard that she's been fired other than on here.

BellaCoola
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby BellaCoola » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:21 pm

I just went to VFC and she did get a letter of termintation here is her post:

WonderWoman

Posts: 380 Posted: September-09-2005 at 1:59pm | IP Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We write with the respect to our initial letter sent september 1, 2005 requiring your attendence at an investigative meeting. Our intent was to allow you the oppertunity to describe your version of various incidents that occured during the strike, present an explanation and supply any information you think might be relevent.

Regrettably you declined to attend the investigative meeting. In our initial letter, you were warned failure to attend the meeting may result in the coninuation of the investigation meeting with out the beenifit of your input.

The company has now concluded its investigation and evidence indicates you have threatened, harrassed and intimidated employees, caused a disturbance by using loud abusive and inappropriate comments; committed injuction breaches in relation to impeeding vehicles; committed assult by striking a video camera held near the face of a security personnel and committed assault through use of a loudhailer in close proximity to the face of a manager.

The company has concluded that your conduct amounts to assult, intimidation and harrassment. This is viewed as serious and unacceptable misconduct.

Accordingly, please be advised that you are hereby terminated from your employment effective immediatley.

!(a.scab)
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby !(a.scab) » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:24 pm

I was just going to post her letter - you beat me to it.
Yes, she was fired. She was given an oportunity to defend herself, and she waived that right.

Domino
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Domino » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:01 pm

I saw the letter on VFC after I replied to this post.

Big Al
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby Big Al » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:09 pm

It's too bad, I keep seeing people like her get caught up in the action and going off the deep end. I don't think anybody should lose their job over this mess, it's just not worth it.

!(a.scab)
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby !(a.scab) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:06 pm

Yeah, if you ever saw her in action (the one with the megaphone) she was off the deep end... you can't help but think she just took it way too far - some people don't know where to draw the line, yet can be completely normal when not empassioned.
Last edited by !(a.scab) on Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Domino
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Domino » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:01 am

I could be wrong but I thought WW worked in Edmonton.

Miles
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Miles » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:39 am

No your are right Jorver

You either have to correct him or ignore him ;)

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Admin1 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:04 am

Hmmmm. I don't get this, Is Domino Jorver? Who are you talking to? :roll:

Domino
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Domino » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:00 am

Hmmmm. I don't get this, Is Domino Jorver? Who are you talking to? :roll:
:lol: I think Miles just made a mistake...unless I have personalities that I don't know about...

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Admin1 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:49 am

Miles you need some coffee. :lol:

Domino
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Domino » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:15 am

Miles you need some coffee. :lol:
Don't we all... :D

Ash
Site Wannabe Administrator
Site Wannabe Administrator

Postby Ash » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:55 am

I'll take mine with Baileys...hold the coffee.

Ash

"Shop smart. Shop S-Mart."

theink
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby theink » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:33 pm

I was just going to post her letter - you beat me to it.
Yes, she was fired. She was given an oportunity to defend herself, and she waived that right.
Apparently the TWU recommended that she not attend and defend herself.

Return to “Rumour Mill”