Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

Wonder Woman Was Hired by the TWU

Help dispel some rumours about unions or companies in the this sector.
CandyApples
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Wonder Woman Was Hired by the TWU

Postby CandyApples » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:52 pm

I was reading this on a blog. The one that was at one timelinked from this site. It was the one with everyones names on it. there are 41 comments and in one of them wonderwoman basically stated that she got a job with the TWU I don't want this woman representing me.

!(a.scab)
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Wonder Woman Was Hired by the TWU

Postby !(a.scab) » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:43 am

I was reading this on a blog. The one that was at one timelinked from this site. It was the one with everyones names on it. there are 41 comments and in one of them wonderwoman basically stated that she got a job with the TWU I don't want this woman representing me.
Huh, that makes sense now... I wondered why she's been spotted stirring the sh*t in so many different towns and locations (Calgary, Red Deer, Edmonton, etc) I figured "either that woman is spending a fortune on gas, or she's being PAID to do it..." - and if the union ever got caught paying someone with criminal charges and restraining order pending, to continue the activities that got them charged in the first place, then I think they'd be in some pretty deep sh*t themselves...

Big Al
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby Big Al » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:29 pm

Well, I can't say I'm surprised. The TWU is the only place that will hire her now anyway.

But who do I blame? I blame the TWU for putting her in the position in the first place. If they did their job, no one would have to be on those ugly picket lines to begin with. She's put a lot of faith in the mighty TWU, I guess that's what she believes is the best choice.

jorver
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby jorver » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:20 am

Well, I can't say I'm surprised. The TWU is the only place that will hire her now anyway.

But who do I blame? I blame the TWU for putting her in the position in the first place. If they did their job, no one would have to be on those ugly picket lines to begin with. She's put a lot of faith in the mighty TWU, I guess that's what she believes is the best choice.
'

You can blame telus too. Takes two to bargain.Life rules 101.

!(a.scab)
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby !(a.scab) » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:41 am

You're incorrigible jorver - it certainly does take two to bargain, but as soon as the TWU refused to do that, they pretty muched forced the xxxx xxxxxof the world into the streets, didn't they...

jorver
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby jorver » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:08 pm

who says the twu was the one to not bargain. No one has been charged
(and had it stick) with not bargaining. So it is on both of them.

There was never any hint of a charge against the TWU..if there was please find it and show it.

pepper
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby pepper » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:26 pm

Huh, that makes sense now... I wondered why she's been spotted stirring the sh*t in so many different towns and locations (Calgary, Red Deer, Edmonton, etc) I figured "either that woman is spending a fortune on gas, or she's being PAID to do it..." - and if the union ever got caught paying someone with criminal charges and restraining order pending, to continue the activities that got them charged in the first place, then I think they'd be in some pretty deep sh*t themselves...

WW has criminal charges and a retraining order? How in the world have I missed this??? LOL This must have been before the lockout becuase it does not have to do with this labour dispute in any way. She has not been charged with anything. She was fired, yes. Not once was she charged with her actions on the picketline. Can you say wrongful dismissal?

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:06 am

I apprroved a new user this AM, called WonderWoman, perhaps she will address this herself...

pepper
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby pepper » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:01 am

I am almost certain if that is her she will. I know that there is many rumours going around, but this is the funniest by far because people really believe that she has been charged, yet which she has not. She will be back at work, that is the funny part. Keep dreaming guys.

alec
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby alec » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:16 pm

We shall see...

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:46 pm

WW has criminal charges and a retraining order? How in the world have I missed this??? LOL This must have been before the lockout becuase it does not have to do with this labour dispute in any way. She has not been charged with anything. She was fired, yes. Not once was she charged with her actions on the picketline. Can you say wrongful dismissal?
No, Pepper I cannot say wrongful dismissal and neither can you or WonderWoman. To imply that one has to have criminal charges to be dismissed with cause is, absurd.

whatmeworry
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby whatmeworry » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:38 pm

But who do I blame? I blame the TWU for putting her in the position in the first place.
'

Sorry folks, but I disagree with both of you. WonderWoman has no one to blame but herself. SHE ALONE is responsible for her actions, whatever they may have been.

It seems in many cases these days, we (ie society) are too quick to blame a multitude of people and circumstances for an individual's actions. The time has come for us to stop letting people get away with things because of their circumstances!

"I got laid off, so I had to hold up a liquor store," is not a valid excuse, for example.

So why do we accept "I'm on strike, so I'm going to act like an a*****e!" as one?

WonderWoman
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby WonderWoman » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:41 am

Yes i take full responsibilities for my actions. I was dismissed, however it was not for any abuses to those who have crossed the picket line. It seems that this forum has been a great forum for untruths and rumours to spread inregards to me and other members of V4C. That is fine. To each there own. I wont defend my actions on this site as it will only fall on deaf ears. I will say this however the incident involving my termination has to do with several AFI security guards and my 11 year old daughter. From that draw your own conclusions.

alec
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby alec » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:44 am

Thank you foir that.

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Admin1 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:59 am

That is why this section is called the rumor mill. Thank you WW for explaining that. It has not fallen on deaf ears. We don't need the details.
Thanks for responding.
ADMIN

Return to “Rumour Mill”