Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

Wonder Woman Was Hired by the TWU

Help dispel some rumours about unions or companies in the this sector.
J_Calgary
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby J_Calgary » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:51 am

Yes i take full responsibilities for my actions. I was dismissed, however it was not for any abuses to those who have crossed the picket line. It seems that this forum has been a great forum for untruths and rumours to spread inregards to me and other members of V4C. That is fine. To each there own. I wont defend my actions on this site as it will only fall on deaf ears. I will say this however the incident involving my termination has to do with several AFI security guards and my 11 year old daughter. From that draw your own conclusions.
Why would you bring your daughter down to a picket line in the first place? I have no idea what you did to deserve (or not deserve) to be fired but a picket line is no place for a minor.

"Find a job you like and you add five days to every week."
- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

!(a.scab)
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby !(a.scab) » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:50 am

And I still maintain that Shanon has charges pending for assaulting AFI guards. Please note that this assertion went unchallenged.

Ash
Site Wannabe Administrator
Site Wannabe Administrator

Postby Ash » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:57 am

And I still maintain that Shanon has charges pending for assaulting AFI guards. Please note that this assertion went unchallenged.
It's certainly possible. I seem to recall a video clip on TWU213.com that showed such actions.

Ash

"Shop smart. Shop S-Mart."

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:03 pm

Yes i take full responsibilities for my actions. I was dismissed, however it was not for any abuses to those who have crossed the picket line. It seems that this forum has been a great forum for untruths and rumours to spread inregards to me and other members of V4C. That is fine. To each there own. I wont defend my actions on this site as it will only fall on deaf ears. I will say this however the incident involving my termination has to do with several AFI security guards and my 11 year old daughter. From that draw your own conclusions.
Oh well, it seems WW's "truths" won't fall on any ears. AFI will make their case, WW will make her's and the chips will fall.

Though I would like to think you will actually go away and save our moderators having to fashion you a leash, I am doubtful we will be so blessed. That said, welcome to LabourTalk and please feel free to offer input in other forums, as well as Telus.

WonderWoman
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby WonderWoman » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:32 pm

Your accusations are false. I did not respond because i do not spend the day in front of my computer. I have not been charged with any crime nor have i ever been questioned by a police officer in regards to any of my actions on the picket line. I agree that children should not be at the picket line, at the time of the incident i was at a Family BBQ sponsered by the Pipefitters Union. If you choose to question my reality of the situation You can also speak to the AFI investigator involved as well as Regen James The Police Liason officer who would also be able to confirm my accounts of the story. I am curious as to who you may be considering that you seem to think you know so much about me and my circumstances. For every one else who took the oppertunity to read this with out further accusations and criticism. Thank You and Good Luck to Us All

whatmeworry
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby whatmeworry » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:24 pm

I appreciate your input, WonderWoman. I know nothing about your particular situation, but I do sincerely hope that you receive a fair trail, whether it's inside the courts (if laws were broken by anyone), or in a hearing for you to be reinstated with TELUS.

To address message boards and this labour dispute in general, I've found that the majority of posts should be treated as 90% lie/10% truth. I've quit posting on VFC because I grew tired of trying to correct untruths, only to be called a scab and had threats PM'd to me. But still, the lies are told, and people jump on the band wagon and agree and try to lay blame on a small number of specific people/events, when clearly, this is a very complex issue and has been building for years.

I'll concur with your closing statement: "Good luck to us all."

Midnyte
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby Midnyte » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:49 pm

Wonder Woman,
I have seen you in action.

Whereas your commitment cannot be challenged, your method certainly can.

You have a severe case of "Potty Mouth"
No doubt a result of you hanging with Activist@TWU and the rest of the misguided Edmonton crew.

You bring your kids to the line, and put them at emotional risk, to gain sympathy from whoever might listen.

It is a bad strategy.

You are now dismissed.

Why are you still here?

pepper
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby pepper » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:11 pm

shannon is as big a threat as a dead fly ... if she wanted to seriously hurt someone she would be charged by now, which she is not ... so in reality, she is harmless ... that BBQ that she attended was how long ago? If charges were ever going to be laid they sure as hell would have by now ... if not then I guess we have some pretty lazy people taking care of the situation :roll: ... think about it!! I have seen Shannon and I have stood beside her how many times on the picketline to know that she is not this wacko jacko that you all claim her to be. Everyone says she is a potty mouth ebcause she yells scab in a megaphone. How many megaphones are on the lines in Edmonton?? If you are going to say false facts, list the names of every person who has yelled scab into that megaphone then. On a side note, if activist and WW were these scary people you all talk about, why is there a person who was a scab who have just crossed standing right beside them on the line WITHOUT ANYTHING BEING SAID TO HIM??? I guess the picket members are alot more forgiving than you all think :) Peace out.

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Admin1 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:18 pm

I guess the picket members are alot more forgiving than you all think Peace out.
I hope you are right about this one. When everyone gets back to work together this is what you will need.
ADMIN

WonderWoman
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby WonderWoman » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:41 am

Wonder Woman,
I have seen you in action.

Whereas your commitment cannot be challenged, your method certainly can.

You have a severe case of "Potty Mouth"
No doubt a result of you hanging with Activist@TWU and the rest of the misguided Edmonton crew.

You bring your kids to the line, and put them at emotional risk, to gain sympathy from whoever might listen.

It is a bad strategy.

You are now dismissed.

Why are you still here?
If you truly have seen me in action then you would know i dont have a potty mouth, so try again. I have never verbally abused any one for crossing a picket line and if you can find one who says i did, i would love to speak to them about it. Its too bad you can make your accusations behind a annonymous user name. As far as my children are concerned please, they were put at emotional risk when death threats were made to me and my house was threatened to be bombed. Once again they were @ a family BBQ. The purpose of this BBQ was to have our family there. My Oldest attended. I have never brought my children to the line for sympathy and i find that as an insult not only to me but my entire family. My point is this, get your facts straight before you make accusations, But i am sure you are one of the ones that believe i spent my summer traveling all over AB and BC as well.

alec
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby alec » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:09 am

:roll:

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:09 am

WW, I am without prejudgment of your situation, I do not know you and I have heard and read some pretty harsh comments you have made. I would like to point out that this website is not for Telus employees only, so you are welcome whether a TWU employee or anything else.

My concerns about your “style” of posting is valid, as I have read many of your posts on VFC. You have so far shown more control than many of our current regular posters so I stand corrected, to date.

!(a.scab)
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby !(a.scab) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:45 am

To be fair, I think that WonderWoman's posts on this board (thus far) have been civil, and forthright. While we all think we know her from the videos and the VFC posts, I think this board should be more constructive - everyone's input is welcome, and personal attacks are unwarranted.
She's an easy target after all, but losing your job, your livelyhood, the support of the union you thought you were defending has got to make a person think a little, right? What I'm hearing here is a considerably more mellow person... and I'd like to hear more about her views and involvment now that the job (and charges) are on the line.

Okay, about the "charges" - my sources tell me no charges were laid due to the infamous night time video in Edmonton that we've all seen on twu213.
However, a court order breach was reported in Red Deer when she violated the injunction by entering TELUS property and banging on the doors. That's not a criminal offense though, and WW is being perfectly honest by saying there are no criminal charges against her.
Additionally though, there's a report of assault on an AFI guard during the "RBH visists Alberta and gets taken down by security" incident. Someone I know said they were asked by police to give a witness statement that she assaulted a guard that was restraining RBH, and that the statement was to support pending charges... so, who knows - maybe the charges got laid, maybe they're still pending... maybe TELUS dropped them because of the 'cessation of legal activity' agreement they made with the TWU prior to anouncing the TA.

pepper
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby pepper » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:52 am

fair enough!

Now, how could that be possible when I was also trying to stop the assault on RBH. If WW has charges pending on her, then why do I not? If you guys heard the story correctly me and WW were both trying to stop the assault. I have not been terminated. I have no charges pending on me. I am confused.

!(a.scab)
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby !(a.scab) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:15 am

fair enough!

Now, how could that be possible when I was also trying to stop the assault on RBH. If WW has charges pending on her, then why do I not? If you guys heard the story correctly me and WW were both trying to stop the assault. I have not been terminated. I have no charges pending on me. I am confused.
You may not have been as well 'known' to AFI as WW and RBH... I'm not saying they were targetted, but all cameras seemed to be on THEM... maybe you're just lucky, maybe WW was just UNlucky, maybe you never answered the door when your 'registered letter' came...

Return to “Rumour Mill”