Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

Picketline Rumour Sept 23/05

Help dispel some rumours about unions or companies in the this sector.
Domino
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Domino » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:42 pm

Unfortunately you'll have to wait to find out what was planned for today. Since the two sides are at the bargaining table again it's being put on hold until the talks break up.

cragorn
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby cragorn » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:09 pm

Unfortunately you'll have to wait to find out what was planned for today. Since the two sides are at the bargaining table again it's being put on hold until the talks break up.
What in the world does that mean???? This thread is getting weirder and weirder.

theink
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby theink » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:13 pm

They had about 100 picnickers over at the Len Werry, blocking the entrance to the alley. But that's about it.
100!!! Wow! I'm blown away by the solidarity.

C'mon jorver - what did we miss today?

goatdancer
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby goatdancer » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:03 pm

That's why this is called the rumour mill. It's a place to post rumours and try to guess what is really going on. TGIF.......

JoePublic
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby JoePublic » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:19 pm

They had about 100 picnickers over at the Len Werry, blocking the entrance to the alley. But that's about it.
100!!! Wow! I'm blown away by the solidarity.

C'mon jorver - what did we miss today?
maybe 101.....watched the "parade" from the upper floor --- took all of 5 minutes cuz of the lights changed at the cross walks and then they had to regroup.....saw the video on v4c couldn't understand what they were saying......(might want to pick up the latest version of hooked-on-phonics & try to enunciate your yelling.)

cragorn
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby cragorn » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:28 pm

Yeah...saw the video. Had no clue what they were yelling. I'm glad I held my breath for September 30th on this one.

Now release....

alec
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby alec » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:50 pm

I presume that they are trying to put on a good show for the folks at the big convention that is going on tomoroow at... I forget which hotel.

Lots of politicians (NDP) and other union exec to try and impress.....

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Admin1 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:59 pm

http://members.shaw.ca/twu213_7/media29.htm

Was any picketters there? What were you yelling I can't make it out either.

JohnDoe
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby JohnDoe » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:10 pm

http://members.shaw.ca/twu213_7/media29.htm

Was any picketters there? What were you yelling I can't make it out either.
I'm lost too. Not sure what that was meant to accomplish either. Ah well, the picketers seemed happy. I suppose that is what they are fighting for. Glad I don't have to be included in the mob.

Have a great day everyone!

JohnDoe

jorver
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby jorver » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:52 pm

sorry guys it was mostly cancelled because they are back in talks. Part of it was the rally downtown Vancouver but there was more planned.

alec
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby alec » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:05 pm

I like the "one voice for solidarity" motto under the video.

i couldn't make out a word that was being said. Just a lot of shouting.

Olive
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Olive » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:29 pm

they sound like a bunch of kids who cry if they dont get what they want. Funny thing is, most of them are 40+

Along with their jobs, its possible they lost their minds

dakeyras
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby dakeyras » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:34 pm

sorry guys it was mostly cancelled because they are back in talks. Part of it was the rally downtown Vancouver but there was more planned.
Mostly cancelled because they are back in talks? Good excuse.

I think they were worried they wouldn't be able to top their last few big ideas? First there were cowbells.....then there were kazoos.....then it escalated to duck calls.....and last, but not least.....the paper Darren Entwhistle masks.

The picnickers were so focused on the speaker, almost to the point of seeming like a religious re-awakening (although the speaker certainly wasn't Jebus) that we were able to walk in and out the front doors with only one of the sheep (aka the picketers) bleating distractedly from the crowd.

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Admin1 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:38 pm

You guys seem a little angry tonight. Whats up? Did I miss something?

Ash
Site Wannabe Administrator
Site Wannabe Administrator

Postby Ash » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:01 am

I've just seen the video, and I can't believe the picketers forced pedestrians to walk on the road to get by the building.

Ash

"Shop smart. Shop S-Mart."

Return to “Rumour Mill”