Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

Bargaining Update

Help dispel some rumours about unions or companies in the this sector.
Ash
Site Wannabe Administrator
Site Wannabe Administrator

Bargaining Update

Postby Ash » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:37 pm

After 5 days of intense negotiations, Telus and the TWU have reached an agreement which side of the bargaining table they will sit on.

Ash

"Shop smart. Shop S-Mart."

goatdancer
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby goatdancer » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:05 pm

Why that's just great to hear.

alec
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby alec » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:19 pm

You guys are too funny.

Serously,

I expect they have worked their way up to deciding which deli they will be getting their lunch from...

Wwood
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby Wwood » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:29 pm

You guys are too funny.

Serously,

I expect they have worked their way up to deciding which deli they will be getting their lunch from...
WIth DE at the table they would have determined within the first 30 minutes if there was any basis to continue beyond that. I suspect he would have laid out the strucure under which discussions would continue. Given we have not heard anything it is likely good news. As there is a communications blackout inplace the only news we will hear is when they break it off or a deal is done. Having heard neither I supsect they are still at it.

From a distance you look like my friend, even though we are at war.
From a distance I just cannot comprehend what all this fighting is for. Bette Midler

goatdancer
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby goatdancer » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:31 pm

Gees alec, don't you think they could do better than a deli?

green1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby green1 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:45 pm

Gees alec, don't you think they could do better than a deli?
The TELUS bargaining committee offered to have lunch catered by a high end catering company but the TWU refused to let the catering company through the picket lines in to the building saying that TELUS was trying to outsource lunch. lunch will now be served from the TELUS cafeteria.... ;)

on a more serious note, I am pleasantly surprised that the bargaining still appears to be taking place and cautiously optimistic that something may actually come out of this. I understand the media blackout... but it would certainly be nice to get a little more information (such as "things seem to be going well and we are working through our issues") or some such thing.... up until the note on the TWU site yesterday I wasn't even sure if they were still talking or not!

Olive
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Olive » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:47 pm

I hope it lasts several more months.

im loving the $$$$ and its definatly helping with my mortgage, and deposit for my 2005 corvette

TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS

goatdancer
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby goatdancer » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:52 pm

Hey green
Wouldn't that still be outsourcing cause the cafeteria is contracted out?

green1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby green1 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:57 pm

gd: good point... hadn't thought of that one.... I guess they'll have to starve then? because I'm pretty sure it's not in anybody else's job description....

alec
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby alec » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:04 pm

Maybe everyone should be bringing their own lunch.....

If things are going well they could swap sandwiches like my kids do at school...

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:52 pm

Boneyize that PeanutButter.. a PeanutButter sandwich made by someone else is always best

alec
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby alec » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:04 am

Ant there is the fat kid (negotiator) with the big lunch.....

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:54 am

BWAHHAHAAAAaaa!

Return to “Rumour Mill”