Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

who do you blame

Help dispel some rumours about unions or companies in the this sector.
boob
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

who do you blame

Postby boob » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:06 pm

Heard from a good source who heard from a Director that TELUS has lost 30,000 customers since this dispute began. I sure hope not that would be very sad and if true not many will come back.

mitch
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby mitch » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:01 am

If that is the case, then the union has had some success in churning some of our customers. Will they be surprised at the end of this if some their reps are no longer required due to a shrinking customer base? And will our customers get better service elsewhere? I think not.... :(

I am not sure blame is quite the right term right here, some customers were just looking for a reason to leave and some were genuinely dissatisfied, some caved to the pressure of their own unions, or they truly believe that this is the best way to effect change. Freedom of choice has always been present, now there are more options out there to facilitate their move.

I think that this just reinforces the ELT's stand that the market is more competitive than ever and customers do have a choice - we would rather it be us than the "other guy" and it will be a long hard road to try to win them back.

!(a.scab)
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby !(a.scab) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:22 am

That's one percent of our customer base, but it's still nearly double normal churn for a ninety day period. I highly doubt the union even has the clout to affect nearly a half a percert of our client base, but then again - since 10,000 of those customers were bargaining unit employees in the first place, all we're really saying here is that there were about 2 or 3 thousand more cancellations than expected. Big deal. That's not even a blip on the radar - no sense casting blame for something so incosequential, even if it IS true...

mitch
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby mitch » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:00 am

I was not familiar with the landline churn rates - it's good to know that the overall rates haven't abnormally increased. Thanks for the perspective!

alec
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby alec » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:39 pm

Perhaps the interpretation is that the 30,000 represents not just a loss of customers but a lack of growth of new customers less than what was projected.

jorver
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby jorver » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:14 pm

i blame both telus and the twu for not reaching an agreement.

Return to “Rumour Mill”