From User Fast
Posted: October-09-2005 at 3:03pm | IP Logged
TO ALL TWU MEMBERS
I have just heard from a contact very high up in the company that is gloating over TWU's capitualation!
This person tells me that by threatening to close down all western operations, the company has gotten TWU to agree to:
leave scabs untouched
stop organizing in the east
give up on getting contracting out protection
give up on a decent grievance procedure
drop the unfairs
In exchange the company promises to keep jobs in the west for the term of this contract only.
This person believes that the members will feel so betrayed by the sell out that they will agree to anything or even vote for decertification down the road, at which time Entwistle will have accomplished his goal.
He also says the CAW is pushing this agreement as well by trying to tell our members that we haven't got a hope of binding arb at the federal level nor hope of getting other union support. Huh?
Now I know that a lot of people will say 'every manager tells lies' but I AM WARNING ALL OF YOU - I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS TO BE A LIE.
IF YOU LOVE YOUR UNION AND YOU'RE READY TO CONTINUE THE FIGHT THEN CALL YOUR CONTACTS ON THE BARGAINING COMMITTEE RIGHT NOW!
PLEASE! BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!
Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:
We hope you like the changes!
- Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
- Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
- Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
- Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
- Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.
We hope you like the changes!
Help dispel some rumours about unions or companies in the this sector.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Veteran Poster
- Posts: 1585
- Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:06 am
- Location: Some where in Canada.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest