Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

People who cross are going to get fired

Help dispel some rumours about unions or companies in the this sector.
JohnDoe
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby JohnDoe » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:56 pm

Just heard this week that several TWU members who crossed in Red Deer met with a lawyer concerning their fines/trials and were told by their lawyer to start saving their money and that he would help out by not charging them anything for consulting him. Has anyone heard of anything similar happening anywhere else?
There is a lawyer who is charging next to nothing. I know nothing of this lawyer who is apparently doing it for free, but there is a lawyer in Edmonton here who will work for you and clean up this mess for $100. That's not a rumour.

Have a great day everyone!

JohnDoe

chucklet
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Union fines, point counterpoint

Postby chucklet » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:25 pm

I've been silent for quite a while ( OK trolling)....
Seems to me, the crossers would have a pretty strong case for a class action suit against the TWU for non-performance. The offer accepted 4 MONTHS AFTER THE ORIGINAL (some say better) OFFER, was a step back, hence, those that crossed were correct in their assumptions. For the union to pursue court action is a fool's game, considering their track record. An earlier thread mentioned a lawyer's name (Barb, do you recall?) who would take such a case.

This is tatamount to negligence by the elected officers of the union, and damages should be awarded.

barb
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby barb » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:03 am

Neuman Thompson
200, 12220 Stony Plain Road
888-3 St. S.W.
Edmonton, AB T5N 3Y4
Telephone: (780) 482-7645, Craig Neuman
cneuman@neumanthompson.com

I didn't show up for kangaroo court on his advice . But he did recommend if and when these fines go to small claims court that he will represent us for a small fee. He is quite confident we won't have to pay a dime to the TWU.
I got a copy of my fines in the mail. They charged me over a dozen times, total fines are in the thousands. The final "fine" was the funniest. I am suspended from the union for several years, and must make a public apology. I would like an apology from the union for causing this whole mess in the first place!
I am going to start the process of extracting myself from this union. I am getting conflicting info as to how to do this, but really a moot point since I will be suspended for a few years.
Oh I found out why my fellow crosser was called to testify. Seems when they were running around taking pictures and writing people up she was on the line, so she was asked to sign. All they have to do is verify that is their signature.

PS Weren't they supposed to send me a copy of each charge, as per the constitution? And wasn't I supposed to have a say in who was on the trial board? They did neither of those things. Maybe I should send them a letter fining them, and demand an apology!

barb

niceguy1
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby niceguy1 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:12 pm

I was out side each and every day. I Was a picket Captain. I wrote up lots of people, you know why because they crossed! I will also be appearing in court as a witness to those I saw cross. You know why, because they did it there guilty! You did it for money, now you should pay the piper. Oh I'm sure some will beat it in court, after all murders and thieves beat it in court all the time. For you hard to understand people no I wasn't calling you a murderer or a thief was making a conparison. doesn't change the fact that they did it. Remember this after the feds make it illegal to cross a picket line to the toll of $1000 per day. How many of you will cross then. Personally I don't feel sorry for anyone who ends up having to pay and hopes that none gets away with not paying!

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:36 am

Niceguy, they crossed because they didn't believe in your cause or your Union’s position. They just saw how useless the union was before the rest of you, that’s all. They chose to exercise their right to work. The fact that the union has chosen to bully them with illegal fines and behaviour that contravenes the Canada Labour Code is not their fault.

Your next union shriek will be “what contravention of the codeâ€

Find - Desiderata - read it

grudey
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby grudey » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:07 am

Amen, NC, Amen. That bill, if it passes, is going to hurt unionism, not help it. Companies that have had unions in the past will find ways to become non-union. Soft union members will work hard to become non-union as that is where the jobs will be. I, as an owner and an employee of TELUS will be hard pressed to have any sympathy for any radical union moves as this will hurt me financially in both my pockets. I wonder if owners of a company are allowed to work under the proposed legislation. Owners should be allowed to keep their own company up and running. Just a thought. That would be interesting. :? :lol:

niceguy1
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby niceguy1 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:23 pm

I speak my mind and say it as I see it. As it sits I'm not allowed to post on VFC because i spoke out against Bell and that last waist of time strike. I am not a Union lacky or a fan of Bells. Mater of fact I believe Our CEO is one of the Best in North America. Which also means his #1 job is makeing TELUS grow in profits at any cost with in the law. Mr Entwistle is just doing his job. That means though legally eliminating as many jobs here as possable and paying workers $5 a day for 10 to 12 hr shifts over sea's. I know this for fact as I have several family members working in the TELUS call Center in the philippines. As it sits anyone can opt out of the union by getting there union card stamped donating to a charity and getting the union to remove you. This process has been in place since before the 1960's, but even if you do remove yourself that way you still cannot be employed at Telus outside a management position because the contract gaurentees those positions can only be held by bargaining unit members. That bill C-257 is designed to stop union or non union members from crossing to do what is union work during a strike. As for lieing all people lie and all organisations are prone to it. Corporations lie allot more than unions in the name of profits. They lie so much they probably believe everything they say and when they know they are lieing they say it's for the good of the company. Here is an example, When I moved to L&R I was told it was to help stop to reduce churn inregards to ADSL service and there would be no outbounding. Then after I was there about 3 months they told us they were introducing outbound calling. Now a full year later they claim they told us all along. That is a pure 100% lie. With out the Union the TELUS call center would end up exactly like DELLS Call Center, in Manila or India. It is quite obvous that with out the Union there would be no Call Center in Canada. Either way for what ever reason you want to use to justify to your selves you crossed you get fined. Fully Legal and well deserved. Since Our CEO couldn't get rid of the union, and he's a better man than you, you can try all you want.

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:08 pm

Nguy: I'm not allowed to post on VFC because…(whatever your reason)
NC: That makes two of us.

Nguy: I believe Our CEO is one of the Best in North America. Which also means his #1 job is making TELUS grow in profits at any cost with in the law. Mr Entwistle is just doing his job.
NC: <ding> <ding>… That is the sound of the Bullsh*t bell ringing. Nice empty words. Either you are saying that because it sounds right and you know the groupies want to hear it, or you are too stupid to know what it means. You are NOT stupid… but if you think you completely understand that, read it again… you must be missing something.

Nguy: That means though legally eliminating as many jobs here as possible and paying workers $5 a day for 10 to 12 hr shifts oversea's. I know this for fact <reason’s omitted – I don’t know well enough to argue> buut: <ding><ding>
NC: Here is a tough, tough thing to grasp Nguy so stay with me here.. $5/per day (I have no idea if that is a true number <ding> <ding>) that is 213 Phillipine Pesos (It costs 6000 pesos to rent a 3 bedroom home in the Philipines)

Nguy: As it sits anyone can opt out of the union by getting there union card stamped donating to a charity and getting the union to remove you.
NC: You are wrong, end of story dead wrong, all wrong. You cannot work for Telus and opt out of the TWU ever, not ever not one little bit. You must be in and you must pay dues, or give them to charity. You CANNOT opt out of the TWU, ever. - I think they were quoted as saying, unless you quit or die. You can only get out of the TWU while working at Telus by being promoted, or by decertifying them.

I’ll skip over the rest because it’s worthless but I like this last weak dig:

Since Our CEO couldn't get rid of the union, and he's a better man than you, you can try all you want.

Your CEO could have gotten rid of the union, and if you don’t know that you’re perhaps not as smart as I thought. Entwistle is just a kinder man than me. Telus had the TWU on the ground, with arterial bleeding and their boot on the TWU’s neck. Telus would hate to see a decert as much as the TWU would, for reasons you could not grasp. Suffice it to say that the biggest hurdle the 16,000 strong Telus employees face with a decert is not the TWU, but Telus.

Snap out of it Nguy, say it like you mean it, tell the truth.

JoePublic
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby JoePublic » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:17 pm

I was out side each and every day. I Was a picket Captain. I wrote up lots of people, you know why because they crossed! I will also be appearing in court as a witness to those I saw cross. You know why, because they did it there guilty! You did it for money, now you should pay the piper. Oh I'm sure some will beat it in court, after all murders and thieves beat it in court all the time. For you hard to understand people no I wasn't calling you a murderer or a thief was making a conparison. doesn't change the fact that they did it. Remember this after the feds make it illegal to cross a picket line to the toll of $1000 per day. How many of you will cross then. Personally I don't feel sorry for anyone who ends up having to pay and hopes that none gets away with not paying!
I crossed cuz the union lied to its members from day 1 and as an intelligent person I made my own decisions. I crossed because my employer didn't lie to me -- they said the doors were open, OMG if you PULLED at the door :shock: it did open. $1000/day hahahahahahaha please show me that in writing (and i will apologize)....the maximum is $1000 period per the Canada Labour Code. I HAVE HAD MY KANGAROO COURT....AS I WALKED OUT THE DOOR THE BOARD WAS LICKING MY ENVELOP CLOSED AND MY FINES WERE MAILED THAT DAY. I am NOT, I repeat NOT paying those dumb useless, irrelevant fines. Good luck collecting, as it's not going to happen. As soon as the locals finish playing judge & jury, this can go to a real court infront of a real judge where the twu members need to act like grown-ups and won't get away with their outbursts and temper tantrums.

For those that get the invitation to KANGAROO Court....please contact the Calgary lawyers and they will represent you at kangaroo court and they will handle the appeals.....I have had both appeals sent to the union, first one to the local (no response --- :shock: ) and the second one to the president (whoever that may be) and shocker NO RESPONSE. The day in kangaroo court was actually very funny --- one of my accusors showed up at 8:30 and did not return for my show in the afternoon and the other accusor didn't show.

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:16 am

JP... I would show the CLAP CLAP sign but it falls short... well on you!!

Many will follow, many, many will follow. I am out of the country so not spending much time at this. Have fun.

Return to “Rumour Mill”