Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

darren

Help dispel some rumours about unions or companies in the this sector.
jorver
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

darren

Postby jorver » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:49 pm

rumour has it darren is waiting for this to be over and he is already hired at verizon...new ceo already hired and waiting in the wings.

green1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby green1 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:59 pm

first off, that's quite the rumour, secondly, if that's true, then good for him and congratulations are in order. it also changes absolutely nothing in this dispute. as much as the union says darren this and darren that, it is not darren controlling this, it is the entire board, and they are doing exactly what they are paid to do, increase shareholder value by providing a dynamic and competitive company with innovative and competitive products provided by skilled employees.
If TELUS is successfull we are all successfull. if TELUS fails we all fail.

jorver
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby jorver » Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:42 pm

additional to this he was to leave by november 1st(kind of quick i think)

alec
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby alec » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:45 pm

I think he will finish out the year and not leave until the 2005 results are out in the spring. The numbers look pretty good right now. there is no real point in him leaving at teh present.

Olive
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Olive » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:40 pm

LOL nice rumor.

Heres a better rumor.

I heard Jorver loves the taste of fish

Big Al
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby Big Al » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:44 pm

I think Darren will say "Well, my work is done here" and board the starship enterprise and go back to his home planet.

chucklet
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby chucklet » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:20 pm

My vote for a replacement would be either Joe Natale (#1) or Joe Grech (#2).

Having said that, Darren has still brought a load of folks into the organization and now could (quite rightfully) take credit for a jump in the share price. Analysts have upped the target price to $60 from $54 while we are now trading at $47. Talk about a vote of confidence, and I doubt Darren would want to miss the opportunity to be seen as the architect of that success.

Ash
Site Wannabe Administrator
Site Wannabe Administrator

Postby Ash » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:30 pm

My vote is for...Olive.

Ash

"Shop smart. Shop S-Mart."

Olive
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Olive » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:49 pm

My vote is for...Olive.
haha, thank you. Its great to know I have fans nationwide :)

If I was CEO, I'd get rid of the union, and promote ALL the people who crossed. I would also fire all picketers

TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:52 pm

I can't believe you have all missed this... Olive is Darren.

Return to “Rumour Mill”