Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

Accenture

Help dispel some rumours about unions or companies in the this sector.
chucklet
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby chucklet » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:54 pm

Growth will still be there. Mobility's dealer model is a success story. What ABS will take on will be the low value, high touch clients, residential services. TELUS, under Joe Natale, WILL provide differentiated services to High value clients.

DE would probably be glad to be out of local service in a few years, given the spectre of HEAVY competition.
There is likely no way to put this genie back in the bottle. 50.3% of the union blew it, and will soon feel the pain from their Ideological decision.

As I have said many times, the company completely outpointed the Union on strategy and tactics, and WILL take this in a different direction now.

goatdancer
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby goatdancer » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:55 pm

They've wanted to get rid of providing dial tone a long time ago.

lemonysnickets
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby lemonysnickets » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:59 pm

Yeah they wanted to get rid of dialtone so long ago :roll: TELUS was planning on offering ADSL over carrier pigeons too!

chucklet
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby chucklet » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:03 pm

Lemony, you slay me. where DO you come up with these zingers.

TELUS could sell local for a buck to GoBC and GoA and then deliver DSL services ( like Radiant Communications is doing) over the local loop.

TELUS supports Services based competition over Facility based competition, especially when your wireline plant is aged and increasingly costing more to maintain.

bob marley
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby bob marley » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:03 pm

I'm betting this horse is leaving the gate. The TA turndown was the last straw. You will see a new TELUS structure after this. The 50.3 % blew it by betting they could strongarm DE.
To be frank, I don't think the 50.3% blew it.

Telus has been planning this upheaval for 5 years.

I don't think it matters a whit which way the union voted.

The 'brown envelope', supposedly contained Telus' plans for massive restructuring, and major job reductions within the company.

The brown envelope apparently contains sensitive information which would irreparibly damage relations between Telus and its employees.

Not too many people know the exact contents of the 'brown envelope',.. but the TWU exec does.

This, in my mind is why they, (the TWU), seemingly sold out and recommended acceptance of the foffer.

They know what is coming, and it ain't pretty.

I would like to say The Struggle Continues, but I guess this is the wrong forum for that isn't it?

:cry:

Now, once again.
Please be nice.

chucklet
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby chucklet » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:15 pm

The dreaded Brown Envelope.....

If ALL the BC knew about its contents, and the TELUS handwriting was not only on the wall but on the paper IN the Brown envelope, then they had better knowledge on their probability of success in beating back the capitalist pigs.

Given that scenario, and the BC majority endorsement of the TA, I suspect they knew they were beat. Too bad that message didn't get out thru the unofficial grapevine, as MANY will suffer the consequences of the 50.3%.

Restating the obvious, the TWU has seen TELUS' best and FINAL offer. TELUS is now going to implement plan "B", and I bet close to 100% of the TWU will not like the outcome.

bob marley
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby bob marley » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:26 pm

Absolutely spot on the mark chucklet

I might add that the 100% of the TWU that you speak of, includes those crossing the picket lines.

In my mind, those crossing the picket lines have fallen right into the trap, and made it much easier for Telus to carry out their plans.

lemonysnickets
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby lemonysnickets » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:30 pm

WELL I GUESS WE BETTER FIND NEW JOBS, BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT ISN'T GOING TO TELL TELUS HOW TO RUN THEIR BUSINESS, NOW ARE THEY?

chucklet
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby chucklet » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:07 pm

With respect, it did not have to be this way. I do not believe the rank and file were given good leadership or counsel on the TA or on alternative outcomes. If the TWU had the brown envelope ( kinda like insider trading), they COULD have SUGGESTED that there are BIGGER THINGS AT PLAY (btw, maybe that's what Bruce alluded to in terms of the best we could do given the circumstances).

Instead of trashing Bruce Bell ( a guy I have negotiated against and respect him for his values) maybe Hope, Rick et al who voted no and SWAYED the rank and file, should be tarred and feathered.

It is not going to be the same company you left 3 months ago IF you are lucky enough to retain your job.

grudey
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby grudey » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:23 am

you know what amazes me. All the people that know exactly what will happen after ratification and whoo all the jobs will be going to. I f you people are so in the loop you obviosly must be upper management in TELUS. Oh, wait a minute, maybe you just see a newspaper article and skew it to fit your point of view. No, that can't be it. You must know all of TELUS's strategic plans and goals. after all, they couldn't make any plans without running it past you guys first. :roll: :wink: :lol:

goatdancer
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby goatdancer » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:51 am

When all those call center jobs go to Accenture, everybody loses. That includes the customers. Accenture can't even get the bi-weekly pay cheques for their employees right. So you can blame the union all you want. Convenient how you forget that the company is the one making the decisions on axing the jobs.

grudey
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby grudey » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:54 am

Could you please show me where TELUS has axed these jobs. Please show me more than rumour, I'm begging you.

boob
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby boob » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:05 am

mr marley that is an out and out lie, that lie has been around for years, telus is not going to give our jobs to accenture unless we don't come back/ what rat meeting were you at, the executive said the BC call centres would stay open for 5 years. they said to vote yes so bc clerical would not loose their jobs if you voted no mr Marley than YOU are responsible. Please quit the scare and ruomour mongering if you have no proof or facts than S____ __P. the more you vfcers post on here the more we are pro company it is having the opposite affect, just like at the rat meetings half voted yes just because you guys were such a turn off and went on and on with you're nonsense.

I hope Mr Marley that you are out of a job with Telus, you should quit and see if anyone else will hire you. better hang on to what you have got before you loose it. You are such a fool.

JohnDoe
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby JohnDoe » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:40 pm

Mr. Marley doesn't work for Telus. From previous posts.

Have a great day everyone!

JohnDoe

boob
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby boob » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:54 pm

then why is he posting and sticking his nose in just likes to push buttons and stir the pot, meanwhile people are going in debt and loosing their homes. nice for what?

Return to “Rumour Mill”