Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

Congratulations are in Order

Talk here about issues with unions or companies in the Telecommunications sector.
NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Congratulations are in Order

Postby NC » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:22 am

I was cleaning up some mess and found an old document.

The TWU Officers got a raise yesterday!

George now makes $88,347,98
VP and Sec Treasurer $82,254.66
The Bargaining Agents only get $76,161.34

forms/2009%204%2005%20-%20TWU%20Exec%20 ... Policy.pdf

Find - Desiderata - read it

green1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby green1 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:56 am

so did we... an extra $0.60 I believe... (I'd have to check...)

Though I do want to know why a bargaining agent makes so much more than the top wage of anyone they pretend to represent...

alec
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby alec » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:12 pm

Plus expenses...... :puker:

TWwho?

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:52 am

Funny you should mention those "expenses"...

forms/twu_financials.pdf

$576,119 in Officer's expenses in 2006 :shock: (Schedule 2)

I think one of you should ask for this year's *audited* financials. I would like to see how much the TWU Convention costs. 2006 they budgeted $275,000.

WTF?!?!

Find - Desiderata - read it

alec
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby alec » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:01 pm

Sorry NC,

I can't ask for the finaincials since I am over 50 years old and will be dead before they come out in which case they will no longer have to provide them.

You need to get someone in their 30's (or better yet in their 20's) to have a hope of the finaincials coming out while the requester is still alive.

Convention breakdown:
5,000 facility rental
70,000 Booze
200,000 Executive travel, living expenses and pocket money.

TWwho?

wimpole1
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby wimpole1 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:54 pm

Can the table officers of the twu be called incompetent, repulsive morons? Yes and so can many of the flunkies known as business agents.
That is just an opinion though, but one many members have. It would be an embarrassment to be known for such atrocities as spending like fools in the times we are in now.
Our union the 'twu' is so far in debt right now (maybe to the tune of 3/4 of a million dollars). and they are trying to slime their way into another union (only for the table officers ) to secure positions. Hey if you were that other union wouldn't you want to have the dues that twu members are paying going into your pockets? It would be great to see another union gobble the twu up and spit it out. We were told the last regime was disloyal because they wanted to "investigate" the pros and cons of merging with another union. That was the boogy man that was thrown at us. Now look at these scum bags. Doing the same thing.but lining their pockets with our blood and sweat at the same time!

Return to “General Discussion”