Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

the vampires are out again...

Talk here about issues with unions or companies in the Telecommunications sector.
green1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

the vampires are out again...

Postby green1 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:17 pm

received in the mail today:
Dear _____:
I am writing today to bring to your attention Union dues have been in arrears since 2005.

That year, Telus refused to collect and forward Union dues to the TWU for six pay periods prior to the lockout. We understand that this dates back a while and that you may have forgotten to forward these dues to the TWU. Our records show that you owe a total of $____. We would greatly appreciate it if you could settle this amount at your earliest convenience. Please send payment to:

TWU
Attn: Andrea Boni
5261 Lane Street
Burnaby, B.C. V5H 4A6

As soon as we receive this payment, a tax receipt will be sent to you that can be used to adjust your taxes for 2005, as union dues are a tax deduction. If you are unable to submit the full amount, please contact me at 604-437-****or tamara.marshall@twu-stt.ca to discuss a possible payment arrangement.

In solidarity,

Tamara Marshall
Acting Secretary Treasurer
*** edited by NC - the phone number worried me ***

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:04 am

What a bunch of f**kers!

(Thought I would see if that thing still worked... yup.)

I really f**cking hate the piece of s**t filter program.

Find - Desiderata - read it

alec
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby alec » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:52 am

so..... for all the employees in the company what sort of a ballpark figure are we looking at?

TWwho?

green1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby green1 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:05 pm

well... I'm not sure how many unionized employees we have... but assuming about 10,000 that's $5700.00 in postage... plus I'd have to venture another 2000.00 for those envelopes... plus at least a couple hundred for printing... can't even imagine how much time and effort to coordinate...
I'd say this is a minimum $10,000 initiative

alec
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby alec » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:10 pm

Well I can't imagine that they will be very successful in collecting fees from 5 years ago. I would be inclined to just throw the letter away and see what happens. I am sure that there will be more mailings and i supose in BC they will start buying up axe handles for a grassroots collection program.

TWwho?

JohnDoe
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby JohnDoe » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:51 am

What a bunch of f**kers!

(Thought I would see if that thing still worked... yup.)

I really f**cking hate the piece of s**t filter program.
Happy early Christmas. :wink: :lol:

Don't say I never did anything for you.

Have a great day everyone!

JohnDoe

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:54 pm

No s**t... really?? that's fantastic... I fluffing love it! :wink:

Find - Desiderata - read it

Return to “General Discussion”