wow! The twu allows all sorts of jobs to go off shore, but now they want us to protect another unions jobs that are to be "down sold"? How funny is that. All across Canada our jobs are not only "off shored" they are just sent to companies in the U.S. The whole world knows, and the twu exec should shove off and let the "old guys who where there (pre- them) to come back and set things straight. No matter what side they were on, (politically) the old twu was always on the side of the workers (not themselves).. Let's see what jobs are next to be "off Shored". That is such a simplification. All that statement means is "de-unionized" workers in the U.S. are close and they want telus jobs. The U.K. is laughing. They have been through this already. Asia has a huge piece of the pie. The belief is that our exec has already given up and are just trying to get huge by-outs, therefore huge pensions when they leave!! Maybe they get their medical paid for them and their families lives. (who's to know). And they wonder why people wouldn't wipe there shoes on them!
Good day. This is the TWU Hotline recorded on Thursday, August 4, 2011.
UFCW 1518 vs IGA #15 â€“ Locked Out
IGA #15 in downtown Vancouver, B.C., is closed and behind picket lines after the employer locked out United Food and Commercial Workers Union (UFCW) Local 1518 members, effective Friday, July 29, 2011.
The main issues in the dispute are wage increases, benefits for part-time workers, as well as positions that are filled out of seniority.
Please respect their picket line and shop at these alternate Vancouver locations:
1766 Robson Street
1641 Davie Street
1133 Alberni Street
305 Bute Street
177 Davie Street
Shoppers Drug Mart:
1125 Davie Street
1255 Davie Street
For more information, please contact Andy Neufeld at UFCW 1518 at
604-526-1518. The TWU will update members of any further developments in this dispute.
Thank you for calling the TWU Hotline.
Bonjour, voici le message du service dâ€™information de derniÃ¨re heure du STT enregistrÃ© jeudi, le 4 aoÃ»t 2011.
La Section locale 1518 des TUAC contre IGA â„–15 suite au lock-out
Lâ€™Ã©picier IGA â„–15 situÃ© au centre-ville de Vancouver, en Colombie-Britannique, est fermÃ© et bordÃ© de lignes de piquetage aprÃ¨s que lâ€™employeur ait mis en lock-out les Travailleurs et travailleuses unis de lâ€™alimentation et du commerce (TUAC), membres de la Section locale 1518, vendredi, le 29 juillet 2011.
Les principaux enjeux relÃ¨vent des augmentations salariales, des avantages sociaux pour les employÃ©s Ã temps partiel, ainsi que du non-respect de lâ€™anciennetÃ© dans lâ€™attribution des postes.
Sâ€™il vous plaÃ®t, respectez les lignes de piquetage et faites vos achats alimentaires Ã ces endroits alternatifs Ã Vancouver :
Safeway : Urban Fare :
1766 rue Robson 1133 rue Alberni
1641 rue Davie 305 rue Bute
177 rue Davie
Shoppers Drug Mart : Super Valu :
1125 rue Davie 1255 rue Davie
Pour de plus amples renseignements, veuillez sâ€™il vous plaÃ®t contacter Andy Neufeld, de la Section locale 1518 des TUAC, au 604-526-1518. Le STT informera les membres des dÃ©veloppements dans ce conflit.
Nous vous remercions dâ€™avoir appelÃ© le service dâ€™information de derniÃ¨re heure du STT.
"And if you live by these workers I would also reinforce "Don't cross a Picket Line"
This message is for true believers in Trade Unionism". See if you can spot an exec member crossing their line!!!
Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:
We hope you like the changes!
- Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
- Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
- Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
- Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
- Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.
We hope you like the changes!
Talk here about issues with unions or companies in the Telecommunications sector.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests