Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

TWU merger with USW

Talk here about issues with unions or companies in the Telecommunications sector.
sammy
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

TWU merger with USW

Postby sammy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:31 pm

Any thoughts? I see the TWU is attempting to keep the membership informed by posting updates on their website. Not confident how many members visit the TWU site regularly...or at all.

Merry Christmas to all!

Sammy

JohnDoe
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: TWU merger with USW

Postby JohnDoe » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:00 am

Any thoughts? I see the TWU is attempting to keep the membership informed by posting updates on their website. Not confident how many members visit the TWU site regularly...or at all.

Merry Christmas to all!
Merry Christmas to you, as well. I'm sure NC will chime in. I've not kept much in the loop since leaving TELUS a few years back. Keep checking back, though. I more or less just wanted to wish someone a Merry Christmas and you lucked out. :lol:

Have a great day everyone!

JohnDoe

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:45 am

Holy Hanna!!

Sammy, can you get me a link to those TWU updates? They will be squirming about Bill C-377 too and I would like to watch them throw their shoulder into he effort stop the unioin financial disclosure Bill.

Merry Christmas too!

Find - Desiderata - read it

sammy
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby sammy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:26 pm

Hi NC, and any other readers! The TWU is doing an interesting job of posting updates on their website www.twu-stt.ca
so you can check there for any new info. Not sure who writes their bulletins, but they need help in communicating clearly, unless they write like that intentionally. They have had some comments and support seeking regarding Bill C377 as well, not happy at all with it.
I haven't been to a union meeting in years so I can't comment on whether they are doing a good job of communicating at the Local level regarding the proposed merger. I know, I know, this issue should be enough to get me out to a meeting.

Happy New Year all!

Sammy

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:44 pm

Hey Sammy, long time no talk. Hope you're doing well.

Thanks for the link, I will go over right now and see what they have to say.

Find - Desiderata - read it

Return to “General Discussion”