Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

EVERYONE READ!

Talk here about issues with unions or companies in the Telecommunications sector.
JohnDoe
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

EVERYONE READ!

Postby JohnDoe » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:50 am

I posted this in an edit but not everyone reads my comments there so I will post it again. Note: this does not in any way apply only to the 2 posters mentioned, this goes for everyone.

*edited by JohnDoe - boob, quit the childish comments at the end of your posts. Name calling stops here. Please be more careful about what you post, that goes for everyone, Louis_ville, you are included in this. I'm running short on patience for a few of you, drop it or you may find yourself banned in short order*

I'm serious here, I'm sick and tired of listening to you call each other names. Grow up. Get some vocabulary. I will be keeping tabs on those I remove name calling from, 3 strikes and you're out (Read: Banned). So best off to drop it now.

All other rules still stand. I love this board and I hate people throwing it into the pits with stupid whiny comments, name calling, swearing, etc.

Please, respect this boards rules and post within their confines. The posting environment will be much more condusive to a healthy debating environment and people will be respected much more for their opinions.

I'm sorry for ranting, but some of you are so intelligent but resort to name calling. It's uncalled for and extremely frustrating. Thanks for reading.

Have a great day everyone!

JohnDoe

boob
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby boob » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:04 am

John I hardly think I fall into the same category as Louis_ville but you continue to single me out. You are the boss on here John so what you say goes. I will not quit sticking up for TELUS in a passionate manner.
There are quite a few members on here who enjoy reading my posts, and have pm'd me to tell me so. You should have done the same if you wanted to reprimand me but since you didn't I will post this as well. I am only responding to their posts and we all know who they are I will not name names.

I will try my best but I can only be me and now of course they will think I am fair game. This should be interesting. I must admit I am just a little upset that Louis didn't get banned the first week. However if you think it is all me who am I to argue.

Its not that stressful when you still have a job and I have certainly stuck up for any of you that have crossed

Take care JD I get the message, whether I can do it remains to be seen.

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:40 pm

John and I have discussed this methodology and have agreed with Admin1 that we will be getting harder on childishness, trolling, and personal attacks. You can have as much fun with each other as you want, but watch that flaming is controlled to affect the topic, not degrade and insult.

Boob I understand that your issues are minor, in my opinion compared to many that I have witnessed, though the line must be drawn and we will hold no biases. Regular LabourTalk, or a refugee VFC'r all will abide by the rules.

This board is under considerable scrutiny and I would rather not have to deal with a legal action because one of our posters threatened someone. Keep it real, you are talking with people here, not a keyboard.

Ash
Site Wannabe Administrator

Postby Ash » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:18 pm

John and I have discussed this methodology and have agreed with Admin1 that we will be getting harder on childishness, trolling, and personal attacks. You can have as much fun with each other as you want, but watch that flaming is controlled to affect the topic, not degrade and insult.
Well, I'm screwed :roll:

Ash

"Shop smart. Shop S-Mart."

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:22 pm

I have to admit.. my hypocrisy circuit was getting warm while I was typing.. I will make an effort too. :oops:

monster
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby monster » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:49 pm

Nice to see a solid moderating team. That's exactly what they are doing.... moderating. Keeping an open, mature set of discussions going on.

I believe that VFC has similar rules listed for posting on that site as well. Things like no flaming, trolling, etc. At least these moderators don't censor people like VFC.

Keep up the good work guys.

JohnDoe
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby JohnDoe » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:25 pm

Thanks Monster, I'm sorry guys, I was extremely frustrated last night. While I may have been overly blunt about the rules bit, they still stand. As NC has said, we have discussed it and with this board in the public's eye, we must keep some semblance of order and sanity.

I'm sorry boob for the public admonishment, I will try to keep these types of things more private in the future. Everyone else, if you notice some name calling or something that you find offensive, please PM it to myself or one of the other members of our moderator team, rather than posting a reply. We would be more than happy to take a look at it.

This board is here for everyone's enjoyment and information gathering. I will thank everyone in advance for following the rules. This place is already a great place to have your voice heard, let's keep it up!

Have a great day everyone!

JohnDoe

boob
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby boob » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:47 pm

thank you John I really appreciate the apology. I know that I am guilty as well but not any more so than some and just felt it was the second time it was directed at me. I understand how frustrating it is, we all have good intentions but very easily get carried away. I am definitely guilty of that, and I will certainly try to behave in a more grown up fashion. as much as I want to call people names on here I will try my darndest not to. I am glad we are all better and I apologize to everyone I have hurt unecessarily. that includes you JD by not respecting your're rules.

Ash

Postby Ash » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:28 pm

Bump

(Ok, I know doesn't actually need to be bumped, but it will reactivate the "new post" flag)

Ash

"Shop smart. Shop S-Mart."

unfair12
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby unfair12 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:47 am

It is quite refreshing to belong to a website that will not tolerate name calling & the like - unlike other sites.

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:29 pm

We aim to please, but understand the odd slip will occur.

That's me kissing "bum" with John Doe because of some of the things I have said today.

tickedoff
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby tickedoff » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:33 pm

You guys are doing an excellent job of keeping everyone in line here on this forum. Keep it up. It's been great reading and you have kept us up to date on what has been happening with this whole issue.

niceguy1
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby niceguy1 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:33 am

Whats nice too see that you guys keep with your word. We can disagree with each other sometimes strongly disagreeing. As you all can tell, I'm still allowed to post. Where as other sites, and they know who they are, You are only allowed to post as long as you agree with them. So as I said Good job guys, keep up the good work!

Return to “General Discussion”