Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

Why are The Union Leaders Sabbatoging our Future????

This group moderates their own board. Notify them of any issues. Is job action the wisest choice? What is our objective ?

Moderator: Koot

goatdancer
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby goatdancer » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:40 pm

Wwood

The hunt is always on for new customers. My initial post asked why TELUS doesn't seem to care about long-term existing customers who have paid a lot of money for their services over the years. Those people should be treated at least as good or better than the new ones. This is not happening.

Wwood
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby Wwood » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:31 pm

Wwood

The hunt is always on for new customers. My initial post asked why TELUS doesn't seem to care about long-term existing customers who have paid a lot of money for their services over the years. Those people should be treated at least as good or better than the new ones. This is not happening.
I'm afraid I completely disagree that Telus doesn't care about existing customers. Tell me more about why you think this is the case then I will provide stats to back up my opinion.

From a distance you look like my friend, even though we are at war.
From a distance I just cannot comprehend what all this fighting is for. Bette Midler

polecat
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby polecat » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:59 am

I think I need to check my threads a little more often.

I believe that we have gotten way off topic here. You all have forgotten that Telus is the telco provider here and that they do care about all customers both big and small. They are not directly telling their customers to switch over to the competitor to show their support for the company.

However, the union is pleaing with customers to cancel their calling features and switch over to competitor services if they can.

Now just think about it for a minute...a little simple supply and demand analysis should make it clear for everyone. Less customers to service, there is less need to bring back all 13,500 of us.

I think that if we want to make the company stand up and take notice, we need to encourage people to call in and make a complaint. I feel that from what I am hearing out in the community is that people wont call in a trouble until after the dispute has been settled. All this is doing is making it easier for the managers, replacement workers, contractors, whoever you want to call it doing the work.

Lets start focusing on making it harder not easier for the company to keep up with the demand.

cheers!!!

cragorn
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby cragorn » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:52 am

The union is indeed sabotaging our customer base. What irks me is how they are taking all of these steps to get them to cancel their TELUS service. Fair enough, it's a tactic to hurt the bottom line. Not a tactic I agree with but one none the less.

Now....an offer is made, accepted and we have now moved on.

What about all of those customers that switched???? Will the TWU spend as much energy and money to get them back??? They told them to leave, why shouldn't they be forced to get them back???? That's the part that f*****g irks me big time. They are going to leave this big bad mess to TELUS. It's the company that will have to spend money and energy to get them back....NOT THE TWU. That in my eyes is arrogant and unacceptable.

alec
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby alec » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:44 am

I agree Cragggy

Of course the union will just say that it is all Telus' fault......

goatdancer
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby goatdancer » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:02 am

Wwood
There are two examples in my original post.

matching
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

LOYALTY DEPT AT BOTH TM/TCI

Postby matching » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:39 pm

if Telus didnt care, why would they be conitnually hiring/expanding the depts in both parts of the company?,,,,,Telus is a superior service .....in the west NO ONE CAN DENY............YET STILL for those price sensitive people, they still have MANY retention offers.......(which give away almost EVERYTHING).......so how can anyone say they dont care.........18 an hr..for a call center job........LOOK AROUND NOTHING BETTER.....and THAT IS WHY ALL U WHO "hate" you jobs still stay.........Hmm.........Look at both contracts....>WHICH will ensure jobs security?.....the one that guarantees the comapny will stay in busy with contracting out some jobs....or the one that will ensure the company will go bankrupt...>THINK ABOUT IT>.......(may be hard....but think for yourself........dont let the union "THINK" for you)

goatdancer
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby goatdancer » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:52 am

matching
What retention offers? Primus continually sends out offers of $19.95 per month for unlimited anytime minutes in Canada. I understand TELUS has somekind of an offer for anytime minutes but it is only for new customers. How about some note on the phone bill for existing customers with the same offer? Haven't seen one. How about a note on the Mobility bill for existing customers with the latest offer that is available for new customers? Haven't seen one. That is a reward for existing long-time customers. That is the way to ensure customer loyalty. The technology is there to make this happen very easily, after all TELUS is a leading-edge technology company. Very simple.
Who says anyone hates their job? What they do find offensive and repulsive is the attitude towards them from the exec team. You can always fool some of the people with these so-called perks and meaningless giveaways but in the end that's what they are - meaningless.
The company will not go bankrupt - in fact they are making mega profits with the so-called 'regressive, outdated, and inflexible' existing contract. The imposed contract claims that only a few (350?) jobs will be contracted out. Lets do the math. 13,500 +/- BU employees, 7000 +/- Management employees - that's over 20,000 people. If the 350 +/- employees will bankrupt the company, then it is already doomed. Don't let the company
think for you. They have some of the best spin-doctors around.

Wwood
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby Wwood » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:13 am

Wwood

I'm afraid I completely disagree that Telus doesn't care about existing customers. Tell me more about why you think this is the case then I will provide stats to back up my opinion.
Here is GD's reasons for thinking Telus doesn't care about existing customers.
How come a new ld subscriber can get a whole lot better deal than an existing, long-time customer? How come a customer can't change to a new and better cell package until the existing subscription expires?

In response to your first example it is very commonplace in many businesses to make offers to entice new customers. Not sure why this concept would seem so strange to you.
Secondly with regards to the mobility contract. I have 4 cell phones in my family. They are all on seperate contracts as the phones were all purchased at seperate times. I have personally changed the plans on serveral of them (some more than once). I have also done this for my parents as well. As long as I am a Telus mobility customer for the duration of the term of my commitment they have been great about getting us on the plans that suite our needs the best.
Probably why Telus mobility has the lowest churn of any cellular company in North america. This is only one of many metrics they lead the industry in.
So GD, you may not like them but clearly the are doing something right for our customers.

From a distance you look like my friend, even though we are at war.
From a distance I just cannot comprehend what all this fighting is for. Bette Midler

Return to “Union Members for Democracy”