Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

Would you cross as a statement to the union?(For BC members)

This group moderates their own board. Notify them of any issues. Is job action the wisest choice? What is our objective ?

Moderator: Koot

Would you Cross the picket line in BC

Poll ended at Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:56 pm

Yes
81%
No
19%
Afraid of repercussions
No votes

Total votes: 21

Bob_Loblaw
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Would you cross as a statement to the union?(For BC members)

Postby Bob_Loblaw » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:56 pm

Given the lack of communication from our union and the apparent stalemate in negotiations, would you cross the picket line to show the TWU that you are not in complete agreement with their tactics?

This is meant for BC members as Alberta is given the choice to cross and has open offices which to work at.

jorver
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Would you cross as a statement to the union?(For BC memb

Postby jorver » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:56 pm

Given the lack of communication from our union and the apparent stalemate in negotiations, would you cross the picket line to show the TWU that you are not in complete agreement with their tactics?

This is meant for BC members as Alberta is given the choice to cross and has open offices which to work at.
is this just for bargaining unit or all bc employees.

Bob_Loblaw
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby Bob_Loblaw » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:47 pm

This was meant for TWU members in BC.

Comments are welcome regarding the crossing of picket lines.
Are you afraid to cross due to peer pressure?
Do you feel you are represented by your union?
Do you have no opinion either way?

lsspecht
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby lsspecht » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:27 pm

As I consider this to be union initiated walk out. I would cross. This was done without consultation with the members. The exec ambushed the general members as well as the company. Those outside of the inner circle showed up and were blocked by the union from going to work.

nok nok
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby nok nok » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:44 pm

I was also blocked from going in to work the day before TELUS implement the offer. As I see this as an illegal job action, I would definitely 'cross' and report to work once the company opens the door in BC.

I learn only to be content.

dakeyras
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby dakeyras » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:42 am

For all of those willing to go to work in BC, despite the pressure and intimidation of the TWU, I applaud you and thank you and want you to know that you have the support of all of us in Alberta who are working too.

wirely
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

NEVER CROSS

Postby wirely » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:26 pm

Come on ppl , we are so close , if it is a no vote then Q4 will be killed and Bentwisle will be "let go" with a multimillion $ handshake. We are so tired of his doubledealing and imposed contract crap. He refused to bargain in good faith and storms out of negotiations everytime he does not get his own way. Manglers are quitting all around you and even George Cope jummped ship as he could not stand the dirty politics and did not with to tarnish his goo reputation. Guy Martin quit 5 yrs ago as he seen this dirty pool comming. Our company will never be the same again, how can we ever trust bentwistle when we know he has no compassion for us. You have been used ppl , face it ! 1 more NO vote , kill Xmas and lets see how fast we get a better deal !!!!! HAVE FAITH PLEASE !
Thanks..

green1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby green1 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:41 pm

if it is a no vote then Q4 will be killed
is that like the Q3 that will be killed? when Q4 comes out with record profits will it then be Q1 next year that will be "killed"? and then Q2?
George Cope jummped ship as he could not stand the dirty politics
or maybe he was simply offered a better deal? you see non-union people frequently go to the company willing to offer the best deal, union people just complain about the one they are given...
Our company will never be the same again,
on this one, we are in agreement... the company has made a major change, this company is moving forward, the union has a choice, help, or get out of the way, because they will not be allowed to hold this company back any longer.
kill Xmas
well, you're welcome to "kill" your christmas, mine however will be as festive as always...
lets see how fast we get a better deal !!!!
well, so far each round of negotiating has turned up a worse deal than before, why would it suddenly get better?
HAVE FAITH PLEASE
luckilly I do have faith, I have faith in all the members who want this company to work, who see this as a good contract, and the best contract we will get, I have faith that these people will vote yes and come back to work. I also have faith that despite the union's best efforts this company will still be profitable, and will continue to hire more people to launch itself in to new and exciting markets. I have faith that those who want to work in the new TELUS will step up to the plate, and that those who don't want the "new" TELUS will leave.

Return to “Union Members for Democracy”