Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

Breaking the union

No management is able to see this room. If you are management and you can see this please ask to be removed. A PRIVATE ROOM.
mowerpower
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Breaking the union

Postby mowerpower » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:13 pm

If ELTs main plan really is to break the union, then what is the point of a decerfication process? It doesn't seem as though we know of anyone willing to put their name on the document to begin the process... we are hooped without a brave soul...

I can seriously see TELUS opperating indefinately without these people... the only hinderance is installers in BC... which they can transport Alberta installers over there if they are willing to go... and hire "replacement" ALberta workers...

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:36 pm

The biggest challenge you will face, if you want to decertify, is finding out who is in the bargaining unit... getting a list like that is very hard to do but you have to know how many signatures you need.

I have no idea how that could be done. Does anyone have any ideas what sort of numbers we're talking about here?

mowerpower
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mowerpower » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:40 pm

There are about 4000 BU in BC now... and roughly the same in ALberta...

there is a very large portion of peole in the East ... its the East that will get us the signatures we need... but I don't know of anyone on here that is in teh EAST... the other problem is that they don't want teh TWU, but they also don't want a union period...

Wwood
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby Wwood » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:32 pm

There are about 4000 BU in BC now... and roughly the same in ALberta...

there is a very large portion of peole in the East ... its the East that will get us the signatures we need... but I don't know of anyone on here that is in teh EAST... the other problem is that they don't want teh TWU, but they also don't want a union period...
I believe the numbers are more like 5000 AB and 7500 BC

Phoenix66
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Phoenix66 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:30 pm

i keep hearing the # 13700 bandied about alot..

JohnDoe
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby JohnDoe » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:24 pm

Yeah, I've heard roughly 13,700 for BC and AB. Easiest way to get someone to this board from East? Call Telus Mobility. They're all out East. Mention it in passing? They're really digging for info out there. At least the guy I talked to the other day was.

Have a great day everyone!

JohnDoe

mowerpower
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mowerpower » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:03 pm

I thought 13500 was all three regions...

I was also told that 25% of BC needs to express intrest in crossing before they will open the door (that 25% = 800 people)

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Admin1 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:38 pm

We actually stopped talking about it. We were at length but we stopped. Those are begining posts and if you keep reading you'll find NC advising us as such.

NC was here...

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Admin1 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:57 pm

I think that I should maybe team up with the leader to the Democracy group. Help them with the website they have built. I was recieving emails from them and they were talking about teaming up with the people who had crossed. They of course will never get invited into the secret meeting but I don't know maybe koot needs some help. They already had press and I am sure there numbers are growing. I have to make a photo montoge (however you spell it for a site first) I am doing it in swish has to be done by wendsday and I am sick, I still haven't picked the song. I don't know what songs, I need two. Its for a triathlon website. ahhhhhhhh
Plus I have to work. Hey think I should apply for Telus?

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:30 pm

I have been through this thread, as you can tell... If anyone in here has anyway to get Darren to e-mail me, I would like them to try.

noncongregatio@hotmail.com

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:54 pm

Thanks, I will work with that e-mail, and I have met today with someone that knows this sort of thing (Telus) and he will help us out.

Return to “Employees ONLY”