Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

De-cert process....

No management is able to see this room. If you are management and you can see this please ask to be removed. A PRIVATE ROOM.
mowerpower
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

De-cert process....

Postby mowerpower » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:03 pm

I think we can all agree that we need to start this process. I will be happy to make up the petition, however, as I stated in another post, we need someone who is bargaining unit only to act on memberships behalf. I know this is quite daunting, but its the only way.

Does anyone know of someone who would be willing?

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Admin1 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:14 pm

My husband said he would do it but I am unsure if he can. We need advice in this matter.

JohnDoe
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby JohnDoe » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:28 am

What would this require? I don't have much in the way of monetary funds. I am also working graveyards, which makes for an interesting day. I am bargaining unit though so let me know how I may be of assistance. :)

Have a great day everyone!

JohnDoe

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Admin1 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:36 am

http://www.labourwatch.com has all of the information you need just choose your province. They have the petitions and the rules. There are alot of rules you must follow to get this done.
1. DO NOT UNDER any circumstances use company anything, time, photo copying,email help from managers.
If a manager asks what you are doing say "Nothing"
2. Do Not show the names of the people who have signed. You need to cover thier names when someone is signing.
3 Gaurd that list of names with your life until it is handed in.
4 Can to Ratification of Bargining rights if this happens the employees can either negotiate thier own contract or apoint another union.
I suggest collecting funds for a lawyer. My husband and I will put in the 100.00 donation.
there is more

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Admin1 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:42 am

JohnD where are you? Edmonton or Calgary? BC. We need someone in each location. My husband posted labourtalk.ca on the bulletin boards at TPS we need someone to do the same at other locations to get more BU members on and recruit them to do the petition. Or we take donations for a lawyer and travel for the person who does the petition.

mowerpower
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mowerpower » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:03 pm

i called the CIRB. We r under federal regulation. i will make the petition. one petition for AB , BC, and East. your husband sounds like he is bu. he was just hired after dues stopped being collected??? i will draw everything up according to what i was told by the labour relations board for cirb.

I don't even think it matters whose name is on, as long as it isn't management.

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Admin1 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:17 pm

My husband starting working for Telus two weeks before the strike, when in training he was told that he had to join the union, that he was in the union whether he signed the form or not. My husband told the union rep he would look it over and get back to them. During the two weeks he had questions and he sent two emails from his work email address and both were sent back to him "undeliverble" He then sent one off of his hotmail account and it went through but his questions went unanswered. Then they went on strike. He didn't have a chance to get his questions answered before signing the card. He never signed the card as there wasn't time. He asked management if he was a BU and they said yes. So he is pretty sure he is part of the union. Is he? Can he put his name on the petition? Against my better judgement as we just went through two years of Poverty. He says he will do it and if he would like to then I will do everything I can to stand behind him and help even though I am worried.

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Admin1 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:22 pm

Where are you mower?

JohnDoe
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby JohnDoe » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:06 pm

JohnD where are you? Edmonton or Calgary? BC. We need someone in each location. My husband posted labourtalk.ca on the bulletin boards at TPS we need someone to do the same at other locations to get more BU members on and recruit them to do the petition. Or we take donations for a lawyer and travel for the person who does the petition.
Ok, I'm pretty sure I can trust you guys. I'm currently working in New Westminster. I'm (as far as I know) the only BU member in BC allowed to report to work, I may be wrong, but I don't think so. I'm originally from Prince George. The "BC gal comes to Calgary" girl is actually my sister. Seems dislike of this union runs in the family. It seems I'm in a rather unique position and until such time as I would be able to actually have contact with more BU members than just myself, my usefullness is going to be quite restricted. So, after that, any suggestions?

JohnDoe

mowerpower
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mowerpower » Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:36 pm

Yes Tracy, your husband is BU. He does not have voting rights, had there not been stop to taking the dues of cheques he would have had them thaken off... I worked for the company for over a year before I signed for my card. All it does is allow you to participate in the functioning of the union.

I don't think it would affect you financially in any way. If there are any financial costs incurred we will raise money to assist you. If you like, call the CIRB and ask to speak to a labour realtions executive. They will answer any questions for you... then we might have a better idea and premptively work on fundraising.

I am in Calgary.

John Doe, are you permanently not in Pr Geo now? Do you have plans to go back there? Good for you. Standing up for what you beleive in.

JohnDoe
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby JohnDoe » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:12 pm

John Doe, are you permanently not in Pr Geo now? Do you have plans to go back there? Good for you. Standing up for what you beleive in.
No, I'm living out of a hotel in New Westminster going home every couple weeks to visit my wife, etc. Unless the office in PG gets closed, I will be going back there once the strike is over. I really know nobody down here, just the managers I've met since I got moved down here at the beginning of the strike.

JohnDoe

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Admin1 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:58 pm

Okay so we have someone in BC, Edmonton Mower are you BU or what is you function. Calgary is good.

mowerpower
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mowerpower » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:58 pm

I am BU, but once the dispute is over I move into temp management. Its fine for me to sign it and and work with it because a temp manager can be reverted back to BU at any time. I have always been BU, and still am now.

I am in the tower, I have a few contacts at mobility that I can work with, but no one at Len Werry... Anyone here work at Len Werry?

JohnDoe
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby JohnDoe » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:11 am

Hey JohnDoe, just want to say I realy admire what you (and your sister) have done - that take a lot of conviction - we need more people of your ilk in this company! If you can stand to have another manager friend (or just a drinkin' buddy) I'm only 20 minutes away from New West...
Oh? Which building are you in? Keep in mind that I'm only working here, I don't live here, so I have only a vague idea (short of the building I'm in on 6th and 6th and the boot on Kingsway) where they are. I also know that if you take Columbia to Marine Dr, that Glenn Lyon building is somewhere on the way to the airport. At least the turnoff is. Other than that my only experience is from my 14 years in Maple Ridge as a child.

JohnDoe

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Admin1 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:04 pm

Yes Tracy, your husband is BU. He does not have voting rights, had there not been stop to taking the dues of cheques he would have had them thaken off... I worked for the company for over a year before I signed for my card. All it does is allow you to participate in the functioning of the union.

I don't think it would affect you financially in any way. If there are any financial costs incurred we will raise money to assist you. If you like, call the CIRB and ask to speak to a labour realtions executive. They will answer any questions for you... then we might have a better idea and premptively work on fundraising.

I am in Calgary.

I am not worried about spending money I am worried about him losing his job if the application were to go bust. Thats all

Return to “Employees ONLY”