Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

Anybody else get a registered Letter ?

No management is able to see this room. If you are management and you can see this please ask to be removed. A PRIVATE ROOM.
Phoenix66
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Anybody else get a registered Letter ?

Postby Phoenix66 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:50 pm

Got a notice in my mail box today..hmmm.. wonder who could be sending me a registered letter...what do you all think, go get it and actually start this ball rolling?.. or let it stale out and force them to pay even more $$ to try and get it served?...LOL

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Admin1 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:14 pm

Don't get it. If it is that though use Telus resources to get a laywer.

JohnDoe
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby JohnDoe » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:29 pm

Might as well get it. If you don't it's not really going to stop anything. If it's nothing, then it's nothing. If it's your "letter" then, then... POST IT! Hmm, sorry. I think we all, if not all, then I do, want to see the BS the union is going to send to us. This really sucks because I'm not even at home. My wife is going to get stuck with it. I'll post mine when I get it. Promise. All identifying details removed of course. :wink:

Have a great day everyone!

JohnDoe

mowerpower
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mowerpower » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:12 pm

go check. if its fishy...don't sign for it...make them fight for it

bookgirl
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby bookgirl » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:54 pm

Canada Post came to my house today with registered mail. I declined it and sent it back. Is that still the right thing to do? I have been on vacation for a couple of weeks so let me know please. I am actually a little worried about it.

Olive
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Olive » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:04 pm

union doesnt even have my address, but if they did I would decline it.

thats just me

TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS TWU SUCKS

Stuartgg
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Re: Anybody else get a registered Letter ?

Postby Stuartgg » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:05 pm

Got a notice in my mail box today..hmmm.. wonder who could be sending me a registered letter...what do you all think, go get it and actually start this ball rolling?.. or let it stale out and force them to pay even more $$ to try and get it served?...LOL
Their notice has NO Legal presence, if not served in person or by registered Mail!

Stuart G Gilbertson

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:13 pm

Canada Post came to my house today with registered mail. I declined it and sent it back. Is that still the right thing to do? I have been on vacation for a couple of weeks so let me know please. I am actually a little worried about it.
BG, the union is desperately trying to shore up the dyke of their support. They have too many leaks and not enough fingers. Hang tough, the courts have never upheld a penalty in their history. No one has ever successfully been sued for a penalty like no one has ever been sued for a gambling debt.

Stuartgg
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby Stuartgg » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:30 pm

BG, the union is desperately trying to shore up the dyke of their support. They have too many leaks and not enough fingers. Hang tough, the courts have never upheld a penalty in their history. No one has ever successfully been sued for a penalty like no one has ever been sued for a gambling debt.
bookgirl,

"In my (unlicensed) opinion", the Document has never been served!

Additionally; your actions have been to perserve your Earnings and Job, against an action, that has NO Legal Authorization, due to the fact that niether you nor anyone else were allowed to Vote.

The BC Teacters Association, at least assured the Public that they would take no action, without the Teacher's instructing them through a Full Membership VOTE! However I believe, they must follow the LAW or we have ANARCHY!

Stuart G Gilbertson

urbanscab
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby urbanscab » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:42 am

DO NOT ACCEPT THE LETTER. Without signing for it, there is no proof that you recieved it. Even if your mother, wife, dog signs for it, you have not been served. For it to have wieght, it must be the person who the document is addressed to. If they serve you in person and the envelope touches you, you have been served.

Return to “Employees ONLY”