Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

Feeling alone

No management is able to see this room. If you are management and you can see this please ask to be removed. A PRIVATE ROOM.
NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:35 pm

I have been speaking with several different Telus people, including the members here, friends, associates, and complete strangers. None of you are alone; you are part of a very large collective that does not support what their unions are doing to them.

Take heart in the knowledge that the fight you are in is happening everywhere, you are just in a very large company. Unions are dieing and it is of their own doing, and in some extent it is sad, as they once served a great purpose, but greed, corruption and modernization has made the union redundant. People in a competitive market are realizing that the employer is their closest ally, though they make mistakes you have a lot of recourse against them these days.

Stay strong, as Baz Luhrmann said – “The fight is long, and in the end it’s only with yourself.”

Phoenix66
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

not at all..

Postby Phoenix66 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:01 pm

youre definitely not alone:)

bookgirl
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby bookgirl » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:03 pm

I agree none of us are alone. On the 13th floor of TPS we have over 75% back and the number keeps growing. We need to have our voices heard. John W. has said that 10% of B.C want to come back to work as well and that they are unable to because TELUS fears their safety. They are the people who are really losing out on the strike as they have no choice to come back to work.

Most of the people on the line are the ones that never liked their job in the first place and were seat fillers. Now they get paid to openly hate TELUS what a better way for them to spend thier time. I don't know about other centers but in mine we have a much better work environment and I love going to work everyday. I will fight to keep this energy going and to keep the ratical TELUS haters away.

I am a very proud TELUS employee and I will be with all of you to the bitter end.

Stuartgg
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby Stuartgg » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:01 am

Hello everyone.

I feel very "priviledged", to be a part of this progressive group of TELUS Employee's.

I look forward to assisting in our progress against the "tyranical and inept TWU", any way I possibly can.

Best regards,

Stuart G Gilbertson

JohnDoe
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby JohnDoe » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:06 am

Hello everyone.

I feel very "priviledged", to be a part of this progressive group of TELUS Employee's.

I look forward to assisting in our progress against the "tyranical and inept TWU", any way I possibly can.

Best regards,
Great to have you Stuart. There's quite a bit of reading here, feel free to ask any questions if you have any. There's been a bit of chat on MSN, so something may have been said on there that isn't posted here. Again, welcome to our growing world! 8)

Have a great day everyone!

JohnDoe

Return to “Employees ONLY”