I thought I would take a moment and share with this group, just how the BCTV Media Story materialized.
Some of you have probably wondered.
Last Friday at "this time", I was walking along the Coal Harbour Seawall, near the Bay Shore Inn.
I came upon a BCTV Production Broadcast truck.
Upon checking in the vehicle, Reporter John Dailey was willing to listen to my story. After a 30 min interview, he said he though my issue would make a good weekend story.
His News desk Manager, Marsha Gabriell, contacted me Saturday AM and after a short discussion decided to do the story.
Sunday AM, Reporter Arron MacArthur contacted me and arranged a time to meet.
The TWU, apparently turned down an invitaion to make a statement.
I was interviewed and the story Aired.
The TWU, went ballistic!
BCTV, decided to give the TWU a listen and included me a second time.
Ted Chernicki, interviewed me Mon PM, following his TWU interview.
The TWU used some real "dim lights" and were still unhappy with their exposure
The rest is History!
TELUS had to have been more surprised then the TWU, when the story Aired.
My life is now quieter and everyone is a bit more "CIVIL"
It was a great and I hope results generating, experience and opportunity.
Have a happy Thanksgiving
Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:
We hope you like the changes!
- Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
- Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
- Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
- Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
- Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.
We hope you like the changes!
No management is able to see this room. If you are management and you can see this please ask to be removed. A PRIVATE ROOM.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests