Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

How to Decertify a Union

No management is able to see this room. If you are management and you can see this please ask to be removed. A PRIVATE ROOM.

JohnDoe
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby JohnDoe » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:17 pm

Man, once this is over I will seek to start one of these. It will be interesting to see how to get it going in both provinces though. I don't know anyone in AB.

Have a great day everyone!

JohnDoe

krazytwacy

You can

Postby krazytwacy » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:21 pm

You can do it while the union is on strike. It is just getting people orginized to hire a lawyer and everything that is the problem. So if you know people that would like to do this then please send ADMIN there name and that you requested them. I have some inside info I can't share but this will happen in Alberta anyways. I think this is why IOS got shut down because the site was leaning towards this. If the guy was a Manager who ran the site, this would squash the application. I am doing this for my friend who states the union is insane. We need to know how many people though.

JohnDoe
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby JohnDoe » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:32 pm

I know of a few people, but they aren't visiting these sites. They are all staying somewhat removed until they start allowing everyone in BC cross. There is a growing list, but I don't have all the details. Also, since I'm in BC, that link for labourwatch won't work. It only has details for decertifying in AB.

JohnDoe

JohnDoe
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby JohnDoe » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:43 pm

JohnDoe

Phoenix66
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Phoenix66 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:41 pm

Man, once this is over I will seek to start one of these. It will be interesting to see how to get it going in both provinces though. I don't know anyone in AB.
no time like the present. The key is to get representation city by city .. dept by department.. floor by floor.. for example, i can get and look after floors 6 and 7 in Calgary .. we need eastern people too.

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Yes

Postby Admin1 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:07 am

That is what this if for we have to weed them out of the main forum and get them here. We have to move quickly because I have no idea why, IOS got shut down and It only lasted a couple of weeks. I am awaiting Letters from Telus and the Union.The good think is that I am not an employee so they can't fire me. We have to get as many people at we can into the forums, once we can trust them then bring them here. I am watch INK right now.

JohnDoe
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby JohnDoe » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:17 am

Yes, theink seems to know what he's talking about.

JohnDoe

Phoenix66
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Phoenix66 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:47 pm

we need to get Mowerpower in here. she has done alot of legwork on this subject .. the sticky point was that even tho those signing the petition are anonymous.. one person has to take the lead and they are not anonymous.. they are the one who makes the formal application .
but she knows the details.. i believe she found the petition has to go straight to the CIRB..

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

I let

Postby Admin1 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:02 pm

I let more in.

mowerpower
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mowerpower » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:25 pm

Hi guys... Nice little room...

Okay the deal is that we cannot deal with each provincial labour board separately... therefore we are Federal juristiction, meaning it all has to come through the CIRB.

The gernal rule is that they don't make any decisions during a labour dispute, but they will always look review it... HOWEVER, once the petition is submitted, we need to provide proof as to why they should override their general rule... Easy enough with a bit of leg work...

RULE #1 - No Management can be a part of this at any time

RULE #2 - Pettition has to state soemthing along the lines of "By signing this petition I am authorizing ________ ________ to act on my behalf in an effort to de-certify the TWU. (or whatever... ) - This person will be the only person whose name will be given out... Everyone else will be annonymous. Petition only requires Date, printed name, and signed name. the person will be required to attend all hearings on this matter and meet with the board.

RULE #3 - We need 50% to sign, then they will allow for a vote...

mowerpower
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mowerpower » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:27 pm

tracy, if you still have access to my email address from sign in then by all means keep it, even if the site goes down, you have my permission to email me.

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Admin1 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:50 pm

Sorry the ink is pro union I ment ash.
Who else. I also added Ihatedos he is my husband so I know hes okay.
Joepublic seems good to.
What do you think.
Last edited by Admin1 on Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Admin1 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:55 pm

Okay now my husband can start a petition at the TPS he however is a new employee and even thought Telus says he is a BU I don't think his signature will count because he refused to sign the card. I have a few questions though before he can do this.
Will he lose his job if he does this, we both know not to use company time or resources.
Does anyone know the answer to this.

ihatedos
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Enlighten me...

Postby ihatedos » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:07 pm

De-certification aside, it's clear to everyone here that the TWU derives their mandate from the union members, correct?
My view is that the TWU in doing what they have, not providing union membership the option of consultation as they do it, and arbitrarily exerting their authority, amounts to blatant abuse of that mandate. This is an egregious injustice to the union members who have placed their faith in the hands of Bruce Bell and the TWU, and it's almost tragic that so many don't seem to realize what's happening.
I think that those that are in this room are here because of the balance and insight I've read in your posts. Feedback on this please...I need as much of your collective perspective as possible before I continue.

Return to “Employees ONLY”