Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

How to Decertify a Union

No management is able to see this room. If you are management and you can see this please ask to be removed. A PRIVATE ROOM.
mowerpower
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mowerpower » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:28 am

This is definately a step that needs to be taken. Even if we aren't successful, we will being showing them how serious we are... too many people beleive we are crossing the line for money...

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

It will be

Postby Admin1 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:34 am

It will be sucessfull, we just have to get more people here to see this, meet and hire a lawyer. I keep saying we but my husband works there. I need to check to see if regular employees can sign. I almost think they could because they don't want this union. The democracy people don't want this union either. It'll work just get people you work with on this site. I am working closly with Labourwatch.com. They phoned me and said that this site will be in the national post. At least I think it will. When does the next National post come out?

JohnDoe
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby JohnDoe » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:46 pm

Wow, lots has happened in the last few days. Sorry, I was on a plane headed back to the coast to go back to work. Gotta see the wife every couple weeks you know. I think this post is probably in the wrong post but would it not be a good idea to contact the IBEW to find out what they say?

Have a great day everyone!

JohnDoe

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:08 pm

You folks are under federal jurisdiction, the CIRB. When, if you talk to them, assume the TWU is sitting in the room with you when you speak. They are NOT friendly to efforts at decertification. Have ALL ducks in a row before you try, and do not ask them for help.

I suspect they will have a tough week next week, so stay out of their faces if you can. You need some planning.

Each of you should come to know that LabourWatch stuff on Federal Card cancellation - http://labourwatch.com/faqs/index.php?u ... uestion=20
and

Decertification of a Federal Sector Union. http://labourwatch.com/faqs/index.php?u ... uestion=20

It can be done, but I have never seen it done. If it is *ever* going to happen, it will be here.

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Admin1 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:13 pm

I am so glad to have you here NC

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:23 pm

If you really want to learn something, read this. http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/L-2/SOR-20 ... 31108.html It's sort of the rule book for dealing with the CIRB.

Oh, when it says:

Forms

5. In any proceeding before the Board, the use of the forms provided by the Board is not essential.

Don't believe it.

Keep up the good work. Be VERY selective about who gets in here, and leave pride at the door. There are too many of you as it is. I would definitely not add any more participants to this forum.

As Gandalf said: Keep it secret, keep it safe.

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Admin1 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:27 pm

How do we get all of these people together if we don't add them. I won't for a while there is no one left to add right now.

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:59 pm

You will have to find out who is supportive of your cause. They do not have to be on the inside this far.

When you submit your petition, and all the names, it is VERY STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL and the CIRB will NOT divulge this info to the union, or to your Employer. You are quite safe once the petition is submitted.

The petition must be completely confidential, so that if one person signs, they cannot be allowed to see the name of the person above.

You must NOT coerce, that is, you must not convince them to sign, you can make arguments for why you think it is a good idea, but you cannot use "undue influence". If you think they want to sign, speak with them about a petition you have signed and ask them if they are interested in signing. Keep in mind, this petition, and all the names, are extremely confidential. just think of a couple of good arguments. Do not carry it around and try to get people to sign it.

Do not do it during company time,
Company property is okay, but only during breaks, lunch, and when you are coming and going from work.
Do not photocopy on company machines
Do not use company e-mail to discuss it,

If anyone from management tries to help, tell them, no thank you. Management cannot help in ANY way. They cannot pay for anything, or be or appear to be involved in helping you to do this.

That is why I have asked Admin one for some quick changes of some of the information I have seen.

Keep the people doing this very quiet. I know it is neat to be on the inside and fighting the good fight – cloak and dagger stuff, but until that petition, or raid vote is in the CIRB’s hands, stay quiet and effective. Pride will get you fingered.

Return to “Employees ONLY”