Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

Other Forums We visit.

Know of a great link that everyone can benifit from? Post it here.
NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Other Forums We visit.

Postby NC » Tue May 08, 2007 11:37 pm

Rabble Babble - http://www.rabble.ca/babble/

Uncharted - www.uncharted.ca

Well of course VFCert - http://vfcert.21.forumer.com/

I will hit my Bookmarks tomorrow and fill in some more.

Find - Desiderata - read it

Cat Lady
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby Cat Lady » Wed May 09, 2007 9:47 pm

Labourstart - labour news from around the world.

http://www.labourstart.org/

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Fri May 18, 2007 9:50 am

This one outta be real good once it finishes whatever it started in the courts

Union Corruption of Canada
This site would be dedicated to Canadian Labour Relations and Union corruption. I will be up as soon as all legal proceedings with the author will be exhausted. Unfortunately, we can't publish anything yet because the author is presently at courts, going through what an average unionized worker would do unrepresented. Throughout this Labour Relations System ordeal, the author has collected an overwhelming amount of evidence on how the Canadian Government immunizes corrupted unions who wish to screw workers.

There's no documentation on the Internet on the dirty techniques that corrupted union officials and Labour Relations Chairs use to deliberately betray workers. Labour Relations Boards have been created for the sole purpose to serve the good and bad faith of their clients - the unions. Union members who got screwed by their unions may file a complaint at the Labour Relations Board. The Role of the Board is then to dig out every possible reason to dismiss the complaints. In the rare event that no valid reason exists to find unions guilty of misconduct, then, the role of the Board is to create or fabricate reasons to dismiss the complaints. Theoretically, the only "appeal" possible is a Judicial Review at a Court of Appeal. Both Unions and Boards know that the chances that the worker(s) would want to appeal their case to the High Courts, are next to nothing. The procedures at these courts are extremely complicated and a good labour lawyer is not usually inexpensive. (assuming that the worker(s) would be able to find a Labour Lawyer to make representations against their clients...[Board, Unions, etc])

Unfortunately, here in Canada, the Organized Labour Relations Corruption is so corrupt that is presently being financed by tax payer dollars..
I just can't wait... everyone sniff around and see if you computer freaky types can find out what started this... sounds dead interesting.

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Fri May 25, 2007 9:54 am

I find myself learning about the USA's "Employee Free Choice Act" and its pending influence on the Labour situation in the USA. I gather it is an impetus to "Card Certification" so the American Labour Movement, or Labor Movement if you prefer, feel one on one visits from union organizers is a greater show of "Employee Free Choice" than a secret ballot election. None the less, here are some of the sites I have encountered.

I will just update this posting with new ones as I find them, rather than fill the thread.

VERY interesting stuff.

Just so you know, I am putting both Pro and Anti viewpoints up here.

Pro Union: http://www.americanrightsatwork.org/

Pro Union-free: http://efcaupdate.squarespace.com/

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Left wing unionists Blog

Postby NC » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:24 pm

Return to “Links”