We are seeing emails from people about adding this area. I think the SEIU and a few others are hammering the crap out of this sector.
To clarify. You can get an account on this site by clicking the "Login" button up above, then the REGISTER button on that same screen. Since right you probably don't have an account, all you can do is read, like you're doing now (you're called a lurker). If you want to say something back, or ask for something specific, you will need an account to post. The process is not that hard. All you need is a user name and an email address where we can send a link for you to click on, just like any other site.
No one will know your email address or your real name... even *we* don't know your real name... unless you use that as your login name. Even if your email addres has your real name, only about three of us will see it, and to see it we have to go into the bowels of the site to find it. The whole process is made to protect your identity.
We like to hear from union supporters too, not just people who don't like their unions.
Also, if you want a private room that lurkers can't see, after you get an account send NC or John Doe an email and we can set you up.
Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:
We hope you like the changes!
- Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
- Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
- Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
- Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
- Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.
We hope you like the changes!
We will announce new things in here, whether it be new features of the board, exciting new ventures, or information about troubles with the board.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests