Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

"tenatative Agreement - Fact Finding"

Add your links here. Could be caselaw or links to other orginizations.
Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

"tenatative Agreement - Fact Finding"

Postby Admin1 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:41 pm

This area should not contain Hypothesis, just what we have gleaned to be TRUTH. I am listening to Bruce Bell on the Radio now� prerecorded.

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:43 pm

Bruce said:
"No one will lose their job unless they want to?
I surmise there are plenty of "packages" for those that want out...

Miles
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Miles » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:56 pm

I surmise there are plenty of "packages" for those that want out...
you broke your own rule in the first post :bom:

!(a.scab)
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby !(a.scab) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:24 am

Miles, NC and Admin1 are not the same person...

I think it's reasonable to assume that the language TELUS used in the final offer remains largely intact with respect to people losing their jobs due to contracting out... if you're displaced, you'll be offered your choice of re-training for a new position, a competative package, or a job with the contractor. Your choice... nobody loses their job unless they want to. Okay, so this isn't a known FACT, but that's what the old offer said, so I can't imagine the new one being any worse.

alec
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby alec » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:47 am

I am inclined to agree. Telus would not be in a big hurry to get a settlement that seriously weakens their position to compete.

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:48 am

Thank you all, yes Miles I am different than Admin, not sure where that came from but anyway, there you go, for the record.

Also, when Bruce Bell made the comment that "no one will lose their jobs unless they want to, would strongly suggest that there will be parachutes available for any that might choose that course.

goatdancer
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby goatdancer » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:06 pm

NC
Now would those be good union-made parachutes?

green1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby green1 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:11 pm

Now would those be good union-made parachutes?
is that of the variety of "you don't need to see the parachute, just trust us"?
or the 100% solid one, with 55% of the parts missing?
the ones made by people who would have been fired years ago except for the union that keeps the incompetant employed?
or a repackaged company one now with a "union endorsed" stamp on it even though it wasn't nearly good enough 3 months ago, nor 1.5 years before that?

goatdancer
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby goatdancer » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:14 pm

Neither of the above.........

Miles
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Miles » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:44 pm

Miles, NC and Admin1 are not the same person...
admin had quoted NC's rules :?

is that of the variety of "you don't need to see the parachute, just trust us"?
or the 100% solid one, with 55% of the parts missing?
the ones made by people who would have been fired years ago except for the union that keeps the incompetant employed?
or a repackaged company one now with a "union endorsed" stamp on it even though it wasn't nearly good enough 3 months ago, nor 1.5 years before that?

Touche

You have been saving that haven't you 8)

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:54 pm

Miles, I really want to hear what you have to say... you seem to be in flux... your opinons are not coming out like they used to. I honestly counted on hearing what you had to say... what is going to happen.

I know you face challenges more than many, how do you see this ending? I won't hold you to anything, or say, *are you nuts* os anything like that, but I want to know what you think.

Miles
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Miles » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:29 pm

Miles, I really want to hear what you have to say... you seem to be in flux... your opinons are not coming out like they used to. I honestly counted on hearing what you had to say... what is going to happen.

I know you face challenges more than many, how do you see this ending? I won't hold you to anything, or say, *are you nuts* os anything like that, but I want to know what you think.
I don't know what to think

jorver
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby jorver » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:15 pm

am i misunderstanding or is this about what we have heard or learned, rather than opinions.

I spoke to a union exec. today.. they have heard nothing official as of 2pm. The offer is still at the business agent stage.
I also heard Telus jumped the gun with the news release..but no biggie.

!(a.scab)
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby !(a.scab) » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:53 am

First I heard of it was Bruce Bell's mug on TV saying they've reached a deal and are recomending it to their members ... how's that TELUS jumping the gun?

Olive
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Olive » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:19 am

First I heard of it was Bruce Bell's mug on TV saying they've reached a deal and are recomending it to their members ... how's that TELUS jumping the gun?
the picketers are always right.. dont you know that? :roll:

Return to “Helpful Links”