Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

Union Members for Democracy

Add your links here. Could be caselaw or links to other orginizations.
Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Admin1 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:08 pm

C'mon all of you....suck it up...You think I haven't been persucuted by Telus for my beliefs. You want change get in , get dirty, and get it done. Otherwise....well I be polite...please be quiet.
I doubt they told it to you that way and that is what an Employer is suppose to do. I thought?
Scratch this I didn't read what you were writing call it a blonde moment.

Unionrep
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby Unionrep » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:58 pm

Why is this a sticky?

It appears biased that the only sticky is a letter that doesn't like the TWU

so far from what I've read the admin in here don't seem biased

Please enlighten me

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

I was ask to

Postby Admin1 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:49 pm

If you want something stickied just email me a request. If you have something from the union or something else you want everyone to see by all means send me an email, and I will sticky it. :lol:

jorver
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: V4C

Postby jorver » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:19 pm

Voices for Change would be a good example how many have been banned from speaking there? I could just image what they are like in person.
i would be interested to see what was posted that got people banned in VFC. I know that site is watched constantly and Dave has to watch what goes on there or go back to court.

Wwood
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Re: V4C

Postby Wwood » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:42 pm

Voices for Change would be a good example how many have been banned from speaking there? I could just image what they are like in person.
i would be interested to see what was posted that got people banned in VFC. I know that site is watched constantly and Dave has to watch what goes on there or go back to court.
It's not so much a question of being banned. It's the issue of having to give out an identifying phone number that censors people before they even get on by making it not worth peoples while for those with dissenting views as they have fear of reprisal. WHo would blame them if you have ever been on the site and seen the comments directed at those with differing PoV.
What are they afraid of that they have to have this rule?

proudpicketer
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby proudpicketer » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:39 pm

Once again woody you're talkin out you a**....please post an example of someone who has been banned and what they've said.

Wwood
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby Wwood » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:49 pm

Once again woody you're talkin out you a**....please post an example of someone who has been banned and what they've said.
What I said was:

It's not so much a question of being banned. It's the issue of having to give out an identifying phone number that censors people before they even get on by making it not worth peoples while for those with dissenting views as they have fear of reprisal. WHo would blame them if you have ever been on the site and seen the comments directed at those with differing PoV.
What are they afraid of that they have to have this rule?

To be clearer for you. People who would otherwise like to engage in a meaningful debate are not doing so because they are being forced to give out identifying information in the form of a phone number so consequently many people do not go as they fear reprisal. IF you wonder why people fear reprisal have a look at V4C and alos consider why the courts keep upping the severity of the injunctions against the twu. Believe me it is not beacasue there are a bunch of choir boys out there
Hey come to think of it, its similar to the tactics around union meetings and why people don't go to them either. But when it comes time to act those people that did not attend have a long memory.

jorver
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby jorver » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:55 am

People on both sides are voting with thier feet. The words on this and other sites are just that; words
What really counts is the unprecidented people that seem to have issues with the twu leaderships current stance, tactics and track record.
People are "walking the walk". Right into the building and working.
and making telus a laughing stock of a company with no respect from the public.

Wwood
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby Wwood » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:39 pm

People on both sides are voting with thier feet. The words on this and other sites are just that; words
What really counts is the unprecidented people that seem to have issues with the twu leaderships current stance, tactics and track record.
People are "walking the walk". Right into the building and working.
and making telus a laughing stock of a company with no respect from the public.
That's a pretty weak response. Do you not have something more substantial to say about this unprecidented action by members and what it says about our union leadership?

jorver
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby jorver » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:08 pm

It says nothing about the union it says the people that have crossed have no morals or ethics. I have spoken to people in and out of unions. They are appalled.

proudpicketer
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby proudpicketer » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:34 pm

Oh yeah woody....A whopping 24% (at best) of you. Still haven't gotten the grasp of what majority means yet I see.

Wwood
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby Wwood » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:46 pm

Oh yeah woody....A whopping 24% (at best) of you. Still haven't gotten the grasp of what majority means yet I see.
Can you show any union in history that had 24% of it members go against their leadership. Surely this can't be so anomalous as to be a coincidence. Surely it can not just be a bunch of prick members. Is there nothing the leadership could have done? Hey if you think they are scott free of any accountability for this, fine. You are entiteled to your opinion. I would have to say that the evidence would show otherwise.

proudpicketer
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby proudpicketer » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:04 pm

And have you ever heard the saying that you can't please all of the people all of the time....Always will be differences in a political arena. Yes I have seen 24% against....I've seen it so close that it was a couple votes. I saw my Dad lose in the 80's but about a 45-55 percent margin. It happens all the time Woody....what is unprecedented is that in this case we have the minority thinking they have a right to dictate to the majority just what should be done. Usually it is my experience that the minority, if unhappy, gather their resources and try again the next time.

Wwood
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby Wwood » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:08 pm

And have you ever heard the saying that you can't please all of the people all of the time....Always will be differences in a political arena. Yes I have seen 24% against....I've seen it so close that it was a couple votes. I saw my Dad lose in the 80's but about a 45-55 percent margin. It happens all the time Woody....what is unprecedented is that in this case we have the minority thinking they have a right to dictate to the majority just what should be done. Usually it is my experience that the minority, if unhappy, gather their resources and try again the next time.
You didn't address the issue. I am not talking about one individual like your dad (with all due respect). We are talking here about a full 24% making a rather significant statement against the entirety of it's leadership.
Sure you can't please all of the people all of the time, that happens all of the time. Why is this so different in this situation froom any other in History?

jorver
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby jorver » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:26 pm

You didn't address the issue. I am not talking about one individual like your dad (with all due respect). We are talking here about a full 24% making a rather significant statement against the entirety of it's leadership.
Sure you can't please all of the people all of the time, that happens all of the time. Why is this so different in this situation froom any other in History?
can you do your math woody..what about the 76% that is the rest..dont they get a vote.

Return to “Helpful Links”