Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

Union Members for Democracy

Add your links here. Could be caselaw or links to other orginizations.
lonetag
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Now Alec....the TWU is a democratic body.

Postby lonetag » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:49 pm

That is the biggest lie I have ever hard. IT IS NOT DEMOCRACTIC, NOT ONE IOTA.

edited by JohnDoe for font size. Please keep it neutral

rick
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby rick » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:46 pm

That is the biggest lie I have ever hard. IT IS NOT DEMOCRACTIC, NOT ONE IOTA.
Huh? Please spend a few more keystrokes and tell us what you are trying to say.

wimmsey
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby wimmsey » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:54 pm

After reading vfc, it is a pleasure to have found this site. I am sick of the ranting and hyperbole that you find at rumors for change, as we call it here.

As far as TWU goes, I have no respect for an organization that tries to rule through threats and intimidation. If TELUS allowed its team members to treat one another the way that the TWU members treat each other, there would be nothing but grievances.

I am tired of hearing about how people will be fined so heavily that they lose their houses, fired, discriminated against, etc. I am also sick of hearing about how terrible things are on the inside.

I know that the atmosphere I am currently working under is the most positive I have seen in years, and I hope that the whiners and slackers remain out for a long time. However, I feel very sorry for the people who are remaining out only because of fear of repercussions. Hopefully they will soon realize that things are pretty good in here, and that life is better with a pay cheque.

I also hope that TELUS gives the BC people the opportunity to vote with their feet soon. I feel sorry for the people who have no choice.

rick
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby rick » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:35 am

I also hope that TELUS gives the BC people the opportunity to vote with their feet soon. I feel sorry for the people who have no choice.
Rumour has it that Telus quietly offered a chioce to some BC folks but were turned down due to fears that the TWU radical unionists would intimidate and possibly inflict physical harm to them.

Wwood
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby Wwood » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:40 am

Rumour has it that Telus quietly offered a chioce to some BC folks but were turned down due to fears that the TWU radical unionists would intimidate and possibly inflict physical harm to them.
What I have heard is that while the response has been favorable and that many oppose what the union is doing, few want to be the first to cross. Once a few do cross however I think the walls will come tumbling down on the union leaders.

From a distance you look like my friend, even though we are at war.
From a distance I just cannot comprehend what all this fighting is for. Bette Midler

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Admin1 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:44 am

VFC is now posting that there are BC members now Crossing I guess they are not at 100% anymore.

rick
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby rick » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:36 am

VFC is now posting that there are BC members now Crossing I guess they are not at 100% anymore.
Some BC folks are not physically crossing the picket line but instead are working from home and scabbing via VPN.

JohnDoe
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby JohnDoe » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:56 am

Some BC folks are not physically crossing the picket line but instead are working from home and scabbing via VPN.
Rick, I believe Admin is referring to this post here:

http://www.labourtalk.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=379

Have a great day everyone!

JohnDoe

matching
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Agree with Wwood

Postby matching » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:15 pm

We ahve not been given the chance to vote (on strike/contract) therefore we are able to vote with our actions. word of advice to the Union, STOP THE SCARE TACTICS, tell the members what is happening, not what will happen if they cross. No info from one side, and tons from the other.....(kkinda makes u wonder who is the credible source?_

Miles
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Miles » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:11 am

No info from one side, and tons from the other.....(kkinda makes u wonder who is the credible source?_
neither?

One isn't very smart and the other is smart enough to hire a strategic publicity team.

goatdancer
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby goatdancer » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:09 pm

rick
'Rumour has it that Telus quietly offered a chioce to some BC folks but were turned down due to fears that the TWU radical unionists would intimidate and possibly inflict physical harm to them.' Where did you get this? From the hundreds of arrests in BC for beating up on scabs? We're no different than anyone else fighting for their beliefs. Contrary to some, we, the people of BC really are just ordinary folks trying to make a living and improve our lot in life. However, we are a lot stonger union-wise than some other areas.

goatdancer
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby goatdancer » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:12 pm

rick
On second thought, maybe your comment was just tongue-in-cheek.

boob
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby boob » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:45 pm

I am one of the ones who turned them down for the very reason you just stated.

goatdancer
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby goatdancer » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:20 pm

The tongue-in-cheek?

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:38 pm

One isn't very smart and the other is smart enough to hire a strategic publicity team.
Miles... has Telus' "publicity team" been contacting you to get tips on strategic tactics? They sure aren't calling us, nor anyone we know...

The TWU's strategic publicist VFC is doing such a great job for them I am sure they don’t need anything high priced.

Return to “Helpful Links”