Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

I am not one of the 99%

I don't intend that this be filled with daily news items but feel free to put things in here that you think will interest us, or generate discussion.
NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I am not one of the 99%

Postby NC » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:14 pm

Someone finally got it right...

I am not one of the 99%

Find - Desiderata - read it

green1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby green1 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:27 pm

This is a tough one...

On one side, I agree fully with that poster. I am in whatever situation I am in because of choices that I personally have made. not because of some other entity. You can't blame your spending more than you make on anyone but yourself.

However on the flip side, I'm sick of seeing government bowing to financial interests, wether that be bailouts for businesses that made bad decisions (why do they get to keep the profits if they do well, but we pay the losses if they don't?) or laws protecting domestic industry (buy American is hardly limited to the US... just try buying a new car from outside of North America to see what I mean!) Or Draconian labour laws (What do you mean I have to pay money to an organization that does nothing for me and that I want no part of?) or all sorts of other things that government should have no hand in.

So while one part of me wants to yell at all the "occupy" people to grow up and get a job, the other part of me agrees with what they're saying. There is no question that Governments around the world do far more to represent special interests (read MONEY) than they do to represent the "99%" of the population who theoretically elect them.

Return to “Some News Items”