Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

Dues and Strike pay

For posting of generic news and event surrounding Labour Issues in Canada
NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Dues and Strike pay

Postby NC » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:21 pm

I know what we have on this site and I have been doing much research lately into Union Dues and Union Strike Pay, but don't have enough.

I am trying to create some sort of calculator that would be usable for people who wanted to know if they were paying reasonable dues. Also, if they were to go on strike, how much would they make.

Dues is pretty easy, most union constitutions tell you what the dues structure is, but very few offer anything about Strike pay.

I know there's a lot more people reading this site than writing on it. if you can tell me what your union is, and what your strike pay would be, or have any ideas how to find it, I would be appreciative.

Either join us, and post it here, or just email me, nc@labourtalk.org

Thanks

Find - Desiderata - read it

JJ
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby JJ » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:21 pm

any union member caught giving out that information will probably be flogged by the union. they like their secrets and the less information the members have the better. I bet you don't get many takers.

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:29 pm

Oh ye of little faith.

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:23 pm

So union dues is easy to get, and I have gobs of that, and i have created some Excel sheets that work from hour wage to dues payable. For the TUW it's easy but for the Steelworkers of America it gets weird. If you get any bonuses or extra pay, you pay more dues.

There are even some unions that pay you more when you are on strike if you have Dependants.

My challenge is, I can make it happen in Excel but turning it into HTML or some web friendly display I would be most appreciative form some help.

Ideally if I sent you an Excel sheet (okay several Excel sheets) could you make some simple HTML with a few fields to prompt users for input and then produce some outputs?

I got some hopeful emails form people so if you do not want to get an account and post here just send me an email.

nc@labourtalk.org

Return to “National - Canadian Labour Issues”