Okay, long time no post but I am frustrated. it has been a long time since our little group has done this but I am hoping we can start something. I know there are some pretty smart readers out there.
I think it is time that some motivated group of teachers in some obscure school district take a run at getting out from under the BCTF. If one can get out, most would soon follow.
Does anyone know if the BCTF is one big union or is it a bunch of little units? I am pretty sure there are lots of smaller components and if one of them meets the requirement of a "unit suitable for collective bargaining" they should be good to go.
If anyone wants to know where the line is go visit:
Baptist Housing Society of BC
I know there are very effective modern unions that are not part of the Canada Labour Congress, so would raid the unit. Members of the CLC will not raid each other, even if a group of employees asks them to. No, this can't happen during a strike but if the teachers do vote to stop the strike then, game on.
A workers association would also be an option.
If anyone has an opinion but does not want to post here, you can go to http://www.takebackyourunion.com and post a note without having to login to anything. If they still have that disabled send them an email, it's on their front page.
Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:
We hope you like the changes!
- Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
- Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
- Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
- Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
- Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.
We hope you like the changes!
For posting of generic news and event surrounding Labour Issues in Canada
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests